1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 8, 2012 2:23 PM by janelle_f

Creating editable swatch libraries in PS CS5

jgrant-design

I'm working on a project where I am colorizing roughly 20 images using gradient maps with two different swatches from a color scheme of eight swatches. I'd like to create a color swatch library that I can access and also change out swatches easily so that if the client doesn't like a particular color, I could change that swatch and it would automatically change in all the files using that color library. (The gradient maps would be created by using an adjustment layer, not done to the actual image, if that makes a difference.) Is this possible? Normally I colorize grayscale .psd files directly in InDesign, but the image contrast and clarity is much better when adjusting the color in Photoshop.

• 1. Re: Creating editable swatch libraries in PS CS5
          janelle_f Adobe Employee

I think you are talking about creating a custom swatch library. You can create a custom swatch library and then use that swatch library in many different applications for you and your clients.

Check out this link.

Save a set of swatches as a library

1. Choose Save Swatches from the Swatches panel menu.
          2. Choose a location for the swatch library, enter a file name, and click Save.You can save the library anywhere. However, if you place the library file in the Presets/Swatches folder in the default presets location, the library name will appear at the bottom of the Swatches panel menu after you restart the application.

-janelle