3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2012 2:21 PM by Steve Grisetti

How move a clip in PE11

mart53

Would like to know how to move a clip in PE11 using the copy, cut, pase and paste insert commands.  Would like to do this without leaving an emty space where the clip came from and without overlaying clips at the destination.  It's been frustrating trying to figure this out and Adobe Chat has been of no help.  Would be nice to be able to do it in both Quick and Expert view but either would do for now. 

• 1. Re: How move a clip in PE11
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you do not have video or audio on any other tracks, when you cut a clip from your timeline, the other clips will ripple to fill in the gap.

Likewise, your pasted video will insert at the position of the CTI playhead.

You can copy, cut and paste using right-click menu commands or short-cut keys on your keyboard.

• 2. Re: How move a clip in PE11
            mart53 Level 1

Don’t know if it’s ok to respond via the email route but.    Thanks for the reply.  When I try to cut and paste in Quick view the insert overlays clips on the timeline.  At least that’s the way it looks to me.  Adobe’s instruction for moving a clip in Quick view say, in part, “To insert the pasted clips and shift existing footage, choose Edit > Paste Insert”.  The only problem is that I cannot find Paste Insert under the Edit menu in Quick View.  Would appreciate it if you could confirm this so I can stop trying to do something that can’t be done in PE11.  In the meantime, I will try to find a way to do it in Expert View.  Again, thanks for your input.  And let me know if I shouldn’t be responding directly to your email

• 3. Re: How move a clip in PE11
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes, sometimes pasting overlaps existing clips. As I said, your clip will paste at the position of the CTI playhead so, if you've got the playhead overexisting clips, your past will insert or paste over them.