6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 5:53 AM by anand kumarr

Upgrade query

Jairaj_M

Suppose I have a single license Master Collection CS5.5 suite. Can I purchase 3 upgrades to CS6(one in Home, second in Office and third on my Laptop)? I know that Upgrade from retail version to Volume Licensing is valid, but can I upgrade under Retail version itself?

Few say that the quantity needs to be same and few say upgrade to multiple quantities are possible. Which is true? Is there any document on Adobe site which shows this?

• 1. Re: Upgrade query
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This forum is to discuss the forums, not products

You need to ask your question in the forum for the Adobe product you are using

How to Select a Forum http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1015

Actually, you need to contact Adobe sales... click the big red A in the upper left and follow the links to sales

• 2. Re: Upgrade query
            Level 1

Jairaj_M wrote:

Suppose I have a single license Master Collection CS5.5 suite. Can I purchase 3 upgrades to CS6(one in Home, second in Office and third on my Laptop)? I know that Upgrade from retail version to Volume Licensing is valid, but can I upgrade under Retail version itself?

Few say that the quantity needs to be same and few say upgrade to multiple quantities are possible. Which is true? Is there any document on Adobe site which shows this?

Not sure about three (3) licenses but your one upgrade license allows you to install on two machines in accordance with Adobe EULA.  This is identical to what you must have done when you bought a full version of CS5.5 which was capable of installing on two machines simultaneously.

To install it on your third machine (i.e. in your office), you will need to buy a full version specifically for that purpose.  No sure why you need so many licenses when your laptop can be carried everywhere with you in your BacPac ((some call it backpack).  You must have a very big staff numbers using Adobe products when alternatives should be explored to get value for money. 

• 3. Re: Upgrade query
              HankRear

My case is different and this resolution will not work for me.

I'm a student turned an Entrepreneur. Trying to reduce my spendings as much as possible. I kept a small business with only 3-5 computers. I cannot afford to purchase all the full versions. Hence can I use my CS5.5 education version product and purchase 3-5 upgrades? I have read that I can upgrade to a Retail version from EDU. Please help!

If not, then I need to search for an alternate company! Adobe products are too costly.

One more query:

Suppose, I purchase 5 quantities of volume licensing, can they be activated on 10 computers(5*2) if only 5 are used at a time and 5 others are used in my employees' Home computers?

Thank you,

Hank Rearden

• 4. Re: Upgrade query
                Dave Merchant MVP & Adobe Community Professional

[ moved to the licensing forum ]

• 5. Re: Upgrade query
                  Sanjaykb

Hi Jairaj,

As you are referring to the Master Collection CS5.5 suite retail version, there is two possible solutions for this:

1. You can just purchase the 3 quantities of upgrade retail version of CS 6.0, so you can install CS 6.0 , 3 quantities using the previous qualifying CS 5.5 Serial number.

Once you download the software, it will ask for the current version serial number that is CS 6.0, once you enter the CS 6.0 serial number click on Next, then it will ask for the previous qualifying version serial number then select Upgrade from CS 5.5, and enter the serial number of CS 5.5, it will install the software and you can enjoy the working with software.

2. You can also go for the Adobe Volume Licensing upgrade option from the retail version,

We do not have spefic document on Adobe site for this but both will work, If you need further assistance and information please contact Adobe Sales team they will assist you better.

If you have query on this or any information please reply back.

Thank you.

• 6. Re: Upgrade query
                    anand kumarr

Here is the document (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/end-user-license-agreements-faq.html) that says "Purchasing an upgrade to your product extends your existing license to cover the new version of Adobe software."

When you are a licensed user of 1 quantity, you can not upgrade to 3 quantities.

Thank you.