6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2012 9:27 AM by MenierG

In PSE 11, is ther a way to mix two labels?

MenierG

In PSE 11, I have a few occasions where I have two different labels with the same name.  How can I fuse them together? (They are persons labels)

• 1. Re: In PSE 11, is ther a way to mix two labels?
          hatstead Adobe Community Professional

Please explain in greater detail what you want to do with your labels.

• 2. Re: In PSE 11, is ther a way to mix two labels?
            MenierG Level 1

I have several labels with the same person name attached to different pictures.  I want to put all the pictures under the same person label and destroy the now useless  label.  I effect, I want to fuse both labels

• 3. Re: In PSE 11, is ther a way to mix two labels?
              MichelBParis Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you mean 'tags' instead of labels ?

If that is the case, for instance you have 'John Brown' and 'Brown John' applying to the same person.

If you choose to keep only 'John Brown', then select 'Brown John' pictures and apply 'John Brown' to them.

Then in the categories and tags panel, highlignt 'Brown John' , right click and in the contextual menu, delete the tag. That will remove the tag to all pictures.

• 4. Re: In PSE 11, is ther a way to mix two labels?
                MenierG Level 1

I am talking about "Étiquettes d'image" (I work with the french version) where I have two étiquettes named "Moi" and "Moi". One is attached to 131 pictures while the other is attached to 164 pictures.  Some marked with one "Moi" others are marked with two "Moi".  There are two more identical situations. I resolved one case by doing each picture individually, it took me the entire day.  Do you have a quicker alternative?

• 5. Re: In PSE 11, is ther a way to mix two labels?
                  MichelBParis Adobe Community Professional & MVP

MenierG wrote:

I am talking about "Étiquettes d'image" (I work with the french version) where I have two étiquettes named "Moi" and "Moi". One is attached to 131 pictures while the other is attached to 164 pictures.  Some marked with one "Moi" others are marked with two "Moi".  There are two more identical situations. I resolved one case by doing each picture individually, it took me the entire day.  Do you have a quicker alternativeT

Tags is the English for 'Etiquettes'.

My suggestion:

In the 'Tags' panel, highlight one of the two occurences of 'Moi' with a right click

and choose 'Modifier l'étiquette de mot-clé Moi'

Change the tag name to something different, like 'Moi2'

Select the new keyword by left clicking on the chexkbox : all the pictures with 'Moi2' are selected and shown in the left panel.

Select all the pictures in the left panel (Ctrl A), and drag and drop the other 'Moi' tag on anyone of the pictures. They all have now the 'Moi' tag.

You can test that now both 'Moi' tags have been merged.

You only have to delete the 'Moi2' tag which is now useless. Right click on the 'Moi1' tag and choose 'supprimer l'étiquette de mot-clé Moi2' from the contextual menu.

Just ask if you prefer a French translation

• 6. Re: In PSE 11, is ther a way to mix two labels?
                    MenierG Level 1

It worked.  Only if you are in the "média" window. Thank you.

End of discussion.