1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2012 3:37 AM by Mohamed El-Beltagy

flowing images/text?

bvawter1

I am using InDesign CS5.5 and need to flow multiple images into pre-designed frames and names into pre-designed text boxes under each frame.  I have looked at data merge, anchoring, etc, but haven't found anything that will do exactly what I need .... yet.  I have attached an Indesign file image(sorry, I don't see where I can attach the actual file) I put together to show you exactly what I mean.  Can this be done?

I know how to link the text boxes and flow the names into place, but how can I flow the images as well?  I need to make a composite similar to below, but on a MUCH larger scale; 400-500 images/names, AND the probability of having to either take out or put in images/names 2-3 separate times is very high. So...to make this layout work the most efficiently, I need be able to flow the images/names multiple times.

Bottom line is I need to set up my image frames to a certain size over the entire page, then flow images to the frames and names to the text boxes under each frame.

ideas? 

Bob

Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 10.19.53 PM.png