3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2012 12:08 AM by Mylenium

how do i get photos from camera with no option under file?

comfort190

on the file menu ( i watched the tutorial) i have no option to get a photo from camera, mine begins with just new

• 1. Re: how do i get photos from camera with no option under file?
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Most folks get the photos from their camera onto their disk drive by means of the software provided by the OS and/or camera manufacturer.

Then they open the files from the hard drive into Photoshop.

I suggest directing your thinking to be more along those lines.

-Noel

• 2. Re: how do i get photos from camera with no option under file?
            Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If there was an option to bring in a camera image, it more than likely would reside at File>Import>Name of camera importer here Ex. Twain or WIA. These options require an other program to install that driver, such as your camera or scanner for instance.

Take a look at Bridge as well as that has an import option which normally will be listed on the autorun menu when a camera card is inserted into the card reader.

As you can see, I am making a boat load of assumptions here since you did not mention What version of photoshop you have if you actually do have photoshop or its water down version of a cousin photoshop elements, What OS you are using, If you do have the full version of photoshop, is it part of one of the suites, etc., etc. All of a sudden such a simple question isn't so simple any more.

Don't mean to chew your head off, just trying to make a point that it is always better to post your specs and screenshots when posting a question, especially if you are new to photoshop and/or this forum. As you also have to keep in mind we do not know your experience level unless we are told.

Good luck, I hope you find an answer...

• 3. Re: how do i get photos from camera with no option under file?
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You're taliking about PSE, not the normal PS. Ask specific questions in their forum.

Mylenium