1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2012 9:39 AM by Michael Thornburgh

Are there any limitations (max peers number or max groups number per developer key)?

MafiaSportAlexT Level 1

Currently I develop a project (online game) that uses p2p RTMFP technology.

I have developer key and I use Cirrus server (rtmfp://p2p.rtmfp.net).

How many peers can connect to groups using Cirrus server at the same time

with the same developer key?

Are there any limitations (max peers number or max groups number per developer key)?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Are there any limitations (max peers number or max groups number per developer key)?
          Michael Thornburgh Adobe Employee

at this time there is no limit to the number of peers in a group, nor of the number of users per developer key.

the codename Cirrus service has a limit for the number of groups a single user (NetConnection) can concurrently be a member of and for which the service will perform automatic group bootstrapping via the "server channel" -- that limit is currently 16 concurrent groups per NetConnection.  if you join a 17th or more group concurrently with the server channel enabled, Cirrus will not bootstrap you into that group.

if you perform your own bootstrapping, there is no limit to the number of groups any peer/NetConnection can be a concurrent member of.