1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2012 2:17 AM by RoboColum(n)

BSSCDefault.h

Krischu Level 1

I'm still messing around with our screwed RH9 installation which is an imported RH5 project.

We have a lot of .h-files with #define item_one  12. In one child project I see that the BSSCDefault.h contains a lot of our HelpIDs.

It seems that the Map-IDs are spread over the actual project.h file and the BSSCDefault.h file.

NB: In another merged project the mapping machanism seems to work and in that other project all BSSCDefault.h are empty. (0 bytes).

In the HHP-File there is a [MAP]-section

[MAP]

#include BSSCDefault.h

#include 1-project-gi.h

[TEXT POPUPS]

BSSCDefault.h

1-project-gi.h

BTW, is it correct that some sections start with #include, others with just the filename?

The bottom line is:

Our merged project .chm file is significantly smaller than the RH5 merged project file, as if

some or all mapping IDs are missing. Also when using the csh-test-tool as well as our application

one cannot find an item by it's map-ID.

--

Christoph

• 1. Re: BSSCDefault.h
          RoboColum(n) Level 5

Hi Christoph.

First of all the lack of any "#include" syntax in the [TEXT POPUPS] section of the HHP file is a red herring. I have the same in my projects so don't worry about that.

As for the map files and mapids, I personally don't believe it is an issue which map file a mapid is in. The major consideration is that it is there in a map file. It maybe worth running the Mapids report from the Tools > Reports menu item. This will list the mapids you have in your help files and you can use this to see what (if any) are missing.