1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2012 7:56 AM by stokerjohn1981

Slide bar still not working

Hi guys

Really having problems with making this slider work for my iPad. Firstly Im no coder and have limited knowledge

but I am trying to learn so I can utilise Edge animate more and more.

Below is a link to download my edge folder and was wondering if anyone can have a poke around to advise what I may be doing wrong.

Basically the movement is working on my desktop using the mouse however when uploading to my ftp space and accessing the .html slide

it doesnt work

and also is the code im using on stage under compositionready

var dragme = false;

$(function () {

var element = sym.$("Divider");

var clipper = sym.$("bar");

element.mousedown(function() { dragme = true })

$(document).mouseup(function() { dragme = false })

$(document).mousemove(function(e) { 

//Drag left side to the value of x.pageX (direction horizontal)

//top: e.pageY,

left: e.pageX

//Or use css property values

//element.css('left', e.pageX);

//Drag right clip side to the value of x.pageX (direction horizontal)

//clip values top, right, bottom, left

var directionX = e.pageX - (clipper.offset().left);

clipper.css('clip','rect(0px '+directionX+'px 600px 0px)');

• 1. Re: Slide bar still not working
          stokerjohn1981 Level 1

Hello again

Seemed to have answered my own question by looking into some helpful links provided by resdesign. I have another question if I may.

The layout the slider sits in has some other interactions and when I test the page on the ipad the other interactions/buttons do not activate, and the slider is controllable no matter where I touch on the screen. I really just want to contain the interaction of the slider to the related graphic. Can anyone help

kind regards