3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2012 9:59 AM by rdolgov

How to update Personal View in "View Responses"

CSchlagMCK

I need to update my personal view to include columns that were added after I oringally created my personal view.  I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of and can't "unhide" the columns or update my personal view.  PLEASE tell me how to do this!!

• 1. Re: How to update Personal View in "View Responses"
          rdolgov Adobe Employee

Hi,

Sorry you're having problems.

By default we are adding all new fields to the private view, so in theory you don't need to do anything to make it visible.

Can you please provide more info about the problem so we can investigate more:

- what kind of field have you added? (Text Field, Choice, Formatted Text ...)

- do you see this new filed in common view?

- can you reproduce the problem when adding another new Text Field?

- when you right click on the column header in the response table, do you see any menu item that starts with "Unhide ..."?

Thanks

Roman

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to update Personal View in "View Responses"
            CSchlagMCK Level 1

Roman-

Both fields are multiple choice fields, I can see them in common view.  I see the menu item "unhide" in common view for the specific column (it is grayed out as the column is not hidden), but don't see the column at all in private view so I can't see the menu for the column.

I tested a few ways, if I create a column in the view responses tab when in private view I can see it in common view.  If I create a column in the view responses tab when in common view I cannot see it in my private view.  If I create the field as a multiple choice on the design tab for the actual form I see it in common view but not in private view.

Hope that helps,

Cati

• 3. Re: How to update Personal View in "View Responses"
              rdolgov Adobe Employee

Thanks for the info.

Can you please share the form with me (rdolgov@adobe.com using instruction http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462) so I can do more testing. Can I try to add/remove a column on this form?

Also, do you know if you have the same problems with other forms? I wondering if its something specific to this single form.