Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound problems on YouTube

Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this sound problem that everyone talks about, which is cause for some stress.  What should i do?  Should i install 11.4 the newest version? *(Also click:  notify me to install updates).  PS:  (my computer needs cleaning also).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would definitely recommend updating to Flash Player 11.5.  If you continue to encounter problems, please let us know what operating system and browser you are using.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

A computer tech installed 11.5 flash drive.  *Computer tech says my computer (can't keep up).  So i'm going to get a (new) computer built...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris is way more optimistic than I am. Having applied several Adobe

upgrades w/out success (i.e. meaning each upgrade broke my sound), I am

content to let some other adventurous soul (w/broken sound) apply the new

upgrade(s) and report back their findings. Since your sound is obviously

broken, I doubt you'll cause any additional damage by applying 11.4. Just

remember, if the upgrade doesn't resolve your issue, re-apply one of the the

suggested, earlier versions of Adobe. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that the latest update (11.5) won't address this issue, but as Starman mentioned it can't hurt.  Getting info on your OS and browser will be key though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My sound problem on you tube is a clicking sound, I  also get it when I stream radio.   It only happens when I use google chrome,  try the regular browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also needed to reboot before using regular internet explorer, it seems my google chrome will screw things up untill It is cleared up after a reboot.   This problem just started happening to me last week

I have win Xp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome has had some audio issues lately.  I've heard word that the new Chrome beta (m24) resolves a number of these.

https://www.google.com/landing/chrome/beta/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris I installed  chrome beta and still have the clicking sounds,  Thanks for your reply, it was worth a try.   It seems that what ever changed recently either java or flash or whatever isn't compatable with chrome.  I've used chrome for over a year and it worked great but recently something changed and all I can think of is it was after an update of some kind like java or possibly adobe.   it's a terrible clicking sound on youtube and streaming radio and also other audio issues.   Regular internet explorer still works like a champ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it was a shot.  Hopefully we'll get this fixed for you shortly.  If you're interested in giving us some additional details, please see this FAQ.

How do I report a bug against Flash Player for Google Chrome?

You might also want to try using your system's version of Flash Player instead of Chrome's built in version.  This tech doc explains the process:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris I tried the link you gave us,  I got into  the link and in the chrome browser  I typed chrome://plugins and got to the screen and disabled flash player with the check box then I downloaded adobe player.   My chrome so far is working well no audio clicking or any issues at this point.   Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that link... I was having the same audio problems and after installing the Beta the problems went away (atleast for now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines