6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2008 7:33 AM by suzieshell

Glossary missing in RoboHelp 7 output

suzieshell
      I created and generated a glossary in RoboHelp 7 (Webhelp). When viewing the results, the Glossary tab displayed, but there are no entries listed in the glossary. Any ideas why the entries aren't displaying?

Thank you!
        • 1. Re: Glossary missing in RoboHelp 7 output
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Hi suzieshell

Can you tell us more about exactly how you created and generated your Glossary?

Don't be shy about being explicit. Walk us through the process you followed. Perhaps something like this:

1. I clicked View > Pods > Project Manager
          2. I did this
          3. I did that.
          4. I pressed Enter

and so on. This will help us to better help you figure out what happened.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Glossary missing in RoboHelp 7 output
            suzieshell Level 1
            Certainly! Hopefully I'm calling the parts of the screen what I'm supposed to. This is actually my first time working with R7.

1. I typed a word in the Term field and clicked the green plus sign next to it. This puts the word in the scroll
            box/pane.
            2. I typed the definition for the entry in the Definition for scroll box.
            3. Saved the file.
            4. Generated the file, then viewed the result.

Thank you!
            • 3. Glossary missing in RoboHelp 7 output
              MergeThis Level 4
              Did you check the Glossary check box in the second window of the Generate wizard?

Good luck,
              Leon
              • 4. Re: Glossary missing in RoboHelp 7 output
                suzieshell Level 1
                Yep. The tab is displaying, just none of the glossary entries. I checked the whdata0 file and the glossary terms display in the source code, just not sure why they aren't generating to the output.
                • 5. Re: Glossary missing in RoboHelp 7 output
                  Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                  Hi again suzieshell

When you are viewing your output, what are the following?

* What browser are you using?
                  * How are you viewing? (Off your local PC using the View Result button or after posting to a web server)
                  * If posting to a web server, how are you posting?
                  * When generating WebHelp via File > Generate Primary Layout and clicking the Next > button twice, what do you have configured in the area labeled "Optimize Speed For"?

Sorry to be so full of questions, but I don't believe we have seen this situation before. In a sense, we are grasping at straws for possible culprits.

Cheers... Rick
                  • 6. Re: Glossary missing in RoboHelp 7 output
                    suzieshell Level 1
                    Hello Rick,

No problem about all the questions, I am grateful for your assistance. I've narrowed it down to what I think the problem is, but I don't know how to fix it, or if it can be fixed. When I view the output file on a server and locally, and when active content (Active X) is enabled, the glossary disappears. On my hard drive, active content is not automatically enabled (unless you select the MOTW check box); Once I click the pop-up, the glossary disappears. Prior to enabling active content, the glossary is displays (but as you probably know, not in the skin you've applied--it's a default view). Active content is always enabled automatically on our server, so the glossary never displays. When I create a glossary in R5 and generate, it works perfectly, just not in R7. I read an entry on the forum from someone who could not see the glossary in IE, but could see it in Firefox. Not sure if this is part of the problem too.

Answers to your previous questions:

* What browser are you using? IE7

* How are you viewing? (Off your local PC using the View Result button or after posting to a web server) I've tried both local and web server. Using View Result, and also typing the address, or opening the .htm.

* If posting to a web server, how are you posting? I copy the Webhelp folder to the appropriate location.

* When generating WebHelp via File > Generate Primary Layout and clicking the Next > button twice, what do you have configured in the area labeled "Optimize Speed For"? Web site (internet) - I am hesitant to change this, because once this file is complete, it will be outward facing to the public.

Thank you!!