2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2012 5:25 PM by laban9

Adobe automatic updates fail again

laban9

Using IE9, ActiveX version.  While scanning my computer with Secunia PSI it informed me that a new version was out and I should update to 11.5.502.110.  I always have Allow Adobe to install updates checked so I don't understand why it won't update.  I booted my mother's PC the other day and first thing was prompted to update to 11.5.502.110 so I cannot fathom why it won't update on mine.  This is not the first time this has happened as the past few updates have had to be applied manually.  I have just used the Adobe Uninstaller and cleared out the Flash folders and re-installed the latest version, so for now everything is okay.  I just wish this automatic update system would work.  I may as well just switch to the not recommended option of Never install updates.

• 1. Re: Adobe automatic updates fail again
          chris.campbell Adobe Employee

On Windows, a system reboot is required for the update notification dialog to appear.  To troubleshoot if that dialog is working properly on your system, please try the following steps.

Navigate into your Flash Player folder from a command prompt

64bit systems - C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash ("cd c:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash")

32bit systems - C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash ("cd c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash")

Depending on your browser, type the command without quotes:

Internet Explorer - "FlashUtil32_VERSION_NUMBER_HERE_ActiveX.exe -update activex"

Other browsers - "FlashUtil32_VERSION_NUMBER_HERE_Plugin.exe -update plugin"

That should start the update notification dialog.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe automatic updates fail again
            laban9 Level 1

Okay, thanks Chris.