4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2008 5:08 PM by retro74

Zoom in?

Mr_Mike_M
      Is there a way to zoom in while recording? I'd like to avoid doing it in post production.
        • 1. Re: Zoom in?
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Mr_Mike_M

Unfortunately Captivate does not offer such a feature.

You should suggest it as a feature enhancement. You may do this by clicking here and completing the form you should find there.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Zoom in?
            dahawe
            I am curious about this feature as well - in the Captivate podcast, the demo actually does zoom, as well as provide a mouse click highlight.
            If there is no zoom feature, how is it showing on the training demo?
            • 3. Re: Zoom in?
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Welcome to our community, dahawe

Note that Mr_Mike_M asked Is there a way to zoom in while recording?

So during the process of recording, there is nothing that allows zooming in. But you are free to add a zoom object during the editing process after you have recorded.

Keep in mind that Adobe has vast resources available. Often what is shown on their web sites is likely a blend of Flash and Captivate to achieve some effects that aren't exactly possible using Captivate all by itself.

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Zoom in?
                retro74 Level 1
                There are a number of utilities available. If you have an enhanced mouse, it may actually include a magnifier option. My IBM Laptops have that functionality and my Microsoft Comfort Optical 3000 mouse has that in the thumb click button. I use it when I do live training and it picks up on the screen captures.

At one point, Robo Demo shipped with Bonus Pack that had that as a utility. Some screen capture software tools will also have the magnifier / zoom feature. A quick websearch picked up this link:
                http://www.magnifiers.org/links/Download_Software/Screen_Magnifiers/Windows_Freeware_and_s hareware/