4 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2008 3:11 AM by Cloudform

Dynamic Skinning in Flash

Chris_Sparrow
      Hello, I have a question. I am a designer by trade, but recently I have been toying more and more with code as a creative medium. This is my first attept to play with an API, and this is basically what I'd like to accomplish:

I need to load the RSS feed into Flash, and then isolate the hex values and apply them to cretain objects in the flash movie. Basically dynamically "skin" the page with kuler themes, if that makes sense. I'm using AS2 and Flash CS3.

I've been scouring the internet for examples but I havn't been able to find anything specific to my needs. I need to know how to load the RSS, and how to extract certain data I need (theme name, hex values, etc.) and finally how to apply them to objects, to color buttons, header background, etc. I'm not asking for anyone to write the code for me but any examples or point-me-in-the-right direction type advice would be hugely appreciated. I'm new to this and I have the concept all layed out in my head, I just need to know the syntax to start experimenting.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Chris