2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2012 7:15 PM by hpg1

Image Change When Transferred from Lightroom to PS (?Camera Profile)

hpg1 Level 1

I am having difficulty that I think is related to Camera RAW that I hope I can get some help with. 

I updated to v7.2 today, but I think the problem started today before the update.  I get the image looking great in Lightroom and then either send to Edit in PS or to Open as Smart Object in PS (it doesn't matter, same results) and the image looks awful.  If I open the smart object in PS it opens in Camera RAW and when I look at all the Camera RAW settings they are all exactly the same as the Lightroom 4.2 settings until I get down to the camera calibration settings.  In Lightroom it is set to Process 2012 with Adobe Standard as the profile.  In Camera RAW it is Process 2012 but the profile is simply listed as 'Matrix' with no other choices available in the drop down.  In Lightroom, Adobe Standard and all the camera profiles are available for what I am shooting with, a Canon 5D MKII which I have used for years.  As recently as a day or two ago I did not have this problem (though I never looked to see what the Camera Raw profile was when it was coming over to PS correctly), though I suspect it may be the source of the problem since all the other settings are identical 

Any help would be very appreciated as I can no longer work with images until this is corrected. 

Thanks very much,

Howard

• 1. Re: Image Change When Transferred from Lightroom to PS (?Camera Profile)
          hpg1 Level 1

Perhaps this is a clue to the problem?  If I go to Program Data>Adobe>Camera RAW> Camera Profiles > there is a folder called Camera and another Adobe Standard.  Within the Adobe Standard Folder are Adobe Standard files for multiple cameras including the Canon 5D MKIII, but inexplicably there is not one for the MKII.  Likewise, the Camera folder contains folders labeled with different cameras.  There is a folder for the Canon 5D MKIII that contains the profiles (neutral, landscape etc) but there is NO folder for the 5d MKII.  What gives here?  Is this the problem?  If so how does one fix it?

Howard

• 2. Re: Image Change When Transferred from Lightroom to PS (?Camera Profile)
            hpg1 Level 1

OK, I figured out the solution myself and thought I would post it here as it might help someone else out with the same problem.  Got the answer with a forum search.  It was the problem, and as best I can tell adobe does not have the individual profiles available for download.  But if you download and install the DNG convertor, that software automatically installs all the profiles.  I installed it and now the MKII profiles are there with the others and all transfers from Lightroom to PS look normal.  Hope this helps someone else!