7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2012 11:14 AM by dave_m_k

Help my forms have been changed

AnneBerghem

I signed in on Creative Cloud (Dutch language) with the idea I was able to use the progamms offered. In the past I created several forms with an old version of LiveCycle, but this dissapeared from my computer with installilng the nex Acrobat Pro XI. Some of my forms have about 140 fields on one page, when I open these forms I see a total different layout and three pages. I am not able to make any changes. I also tried to make a new simple pdf-form and put it on the internet so clients (business) can order and send the pdf to my email address, but that also is not working. I only can use the FormsCentral free version (my clients see that i use this free version??!!) or i have to pay 130 euros per year?????

I am really angry not to be able to produce forms as before and that it now took me two days to find out that i can only use this version (with a lot of limitations -standard width - no fields next to another ect) by paying.

• 1. Re: Help my forms have been changed
          dave_m_k Adobe Employee

Hi Anne,

We're sorry for your frustration. As a Creative Cloud subscriber, if your subscription was active prior to the Acrobat XI release date (Oct. 15), you're eligible for a free upgrade to LiveCycle Designer ES3.  You can still distribute forms created by Acrobat or LiveCycle Designer ES3 via email or internal servers. 

From the Acrobat XI Pro FAQ ():

LiveCycle Designer software is now sold separately. Visit the LiveCycle Designer product page for details. Acrobat XI Pro users can use the new FormsCentral desktop app for form creation; customers who upgrade to Acrobat XI Pro are also eligible for a free upgrade to the latest version of LiveCycle Designer.

The following customers are eligible for a free upgrade:

• Customers who purchased a prior license to Acrobat and have purchased an upgrade to Acrobat XI Pro
          • Customers who have an Adobe Maintenance and Support contract or purchased Upgrade Plan eligible for an Acrobat XI Pro upgrade
          • Active Creative Cloud Complete members whose memberships started before October 15, 2012

As for distributing forms via FormsCentral, we do offer a free account option, but if you need to distribute more than 1 form or collect more than 50 responses, you'll want to look at our paid subscription offerings.

I hope this helps and again, we're sorry for the frustration this has caused.

-David

• 2. Re: Help my forms have been changed
            profabu Level 2

Hi David,

Your response is the most accurate one, that I have read on this issue, but checking the links I've found there is no option for Creative Cloud members to order the free copy, just if you have serial number of Acrobat XI.

I was spending a couple of hours this week chatting with Adobe support, but they had no clue about that this option is exist, so I was glad to see your detailed answer. But now it seems I got nowhere. Do you have any suggestion for C. Cloud members on getting the free copy of LiveCycle Designer once we are eligible for it?

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Help my forms have been changed
              RandySwineford Adobe Employee

Customer support can do this. When you talk with them tell them an Adobe person on the forum said its possible (refer to David's post above) and have them escalate to their supervisor.

Randy

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Help my forms have been changed
                profabu Level 2

Thank you, Randy. Does your suggestion mean that one must claim for LC on phone?

• 5. Re: Help my forms have been changed
                  RandySwineford Adobe Employee

Yes.

• 6. Re: Help my forms have been changed
                    tas2121 Level 1

Ugh - I am so bummed.  I talked to customer support.  We have Acrobat Pro9 and did not upgrade to 10...  Therefore we are not eligible for the free upgrade and have to purchase LC ES3 for 299..... plus 199 for XI.

• 7. Re: Help my forms have been changed
                      dave_m_k Adobe Employee

If you upgrade from Acrobat 9 Pro to Acrobat XI Pro, you ARE eligible for the complimentary LC Designer upgrade too.

As I said in my original answer, if you were eligible to upgrade your copy of Acrobat to Acrobat XI (which means if you had Acrobat 8 Pro or newer), you're eligible for the LC Designer upgrade.

I'm sorry that the support representative you spoke with misinformed you. If you decide to upgrade your copy of Acrobat 9 Pro to Acrobat XI Pro, I would suggest you contact our support staff again and be sure to reference http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/faq.html.  If you have any trouble, let us know.

-David