7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 3:53 AM by mycoach1 RSS

FTP Issue

mycoach1

Using Dreamweaver CS5.5 to build the site: www.condoconceptsllc.com with GoDaddy as host. I have uploaded (out) the files to GoDaddy. When viewed on the internet, the site is not displayed correctly. Seems to be a FTP issue. How do I fix this?

• 1. Re: FTP Issue
          bmurr22 MVP

The images do not appear to be uploaded to the server. Once they are uploaded you should be good to go.

• 2. Re: FTP Issue
            mycoach1 Community Member

Have uploaded the images at GoDaddy > Java FTP Client. The site still does not display correctly. Help.  Thanks

• 3. Re: FTP Issue
              MurraySummers ACP/MVPs

mycoach1 wrote:

Have uploaded the images at GoDaddy > Java FTP Client. The site still does not display correctly. Help.  Thanks

Not as far as Safari is concerned....

SafariScreenSnapz090.jpg

What other folders do you see in the location where you are uploading the files?

• 4. Re: FTP Issue

Using DW CS5.5 to build the website www.condoconceptsllc.com. The header logo and pictures do not appear in the template when viewed on the internet. GoDaddy is host. How do you load the header logo and pictures into the template of each page?

• 5. Re: FTP Issue

All the images have uploaded except for the five images in the template. The error message says: 'An FTP error occurred. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem." Talked with GoDaddy and they said it is a code problem. What should I try next?

• 6. Re: FTP Issue
                    David_Powers ACP

Looking at the HTML in your page, it looks as though your master template is not in the right folder. The .dwt file must be in the Templates folder that Dreamweaver creates in the site root. To create a child page from the template, you must select File > New > Page from Template. Just copying a template file will result in the links to files and folders, including images, being incorrect.

• 7. Re: FTP Issue

The .dwt file is in the template folder. I did select File>New>Page from

template to create a

new page. The pictures in the template still do not upload. Any other

suggestions? Thanks