2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2012 9:25 AM by athegn

Color casts

athegn Level 2

I am getting the mesage:-

"Non-neutral gray patches. The gray patch in row 4, column 3, has a significant color cast. Please reshoot chart carefully to avoid color casts and try again." These are RAW images from my Panasonic FZ200.

I shot the first try in the garden against a concrete post surrouinding by a grey weathered fence in bright winter noon/early afternoon time sun. I then tried again with a large sheet of black paper as the backgroud with the sun approx 45 degrees to the chart. Same conditions.

If I import the RAW images into Photoshop Elements 11 "As shot" I find that the offending square reads:-

Noon time - R217,G220, B220 approx. As I move the cursor Band G remain near or the same value but R can be up to 3 or so points higher

Early afternoon - R201,G201, B191 approx. As I move the cursor R and G remain near or the same value but B can be up to 10 or so points lower

What could be causing the color casts and how can I avoid it. grass and other plants are a large feature in the surroundings.

• 1. Re: Color casts
          athegn Level 2

I have reshot the chart using Daylight and Shade white balance; used auto before. The Profile editor has now made some profiles.

I have installed the *.dcpr files in:-

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera\Panasonic DMC-FZ200\Panasonic DMC-FZ200 Daylight.dcpr and

Panasonic DMC-FZ200 Shade.dcpr

I now wish to try these out.

When I open a RW2 image in Elements 11 and goto the camera tab the only choice I have is Adobe Standard.

Am I installing the dcpr files in the correct place?

• 2. Re: Color casts
            athegn Level 2

Found the folder:_

C:\Users\Photos\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

If I use Export Panasonic DMC-FZ200 Profile it creates correct name and place profile in right folder.

Should have found answer earlier.