3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2012 7:54 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Pre-comp issue via Dynamic Link (CS6) (Corrupted layer cache)

cswaim080880 Level 1

Hi,

I had this issue with a sequence that I sent out to After Effects from Premiere Pro.  The AE comp, when viewed in Premiere, was garbled for several pre-comps which exists 4-5 levels down from the originally imported comp.  And it was only these deeply nested pre-comps that were getting all garbled (like bad TV static)

There is a specific reason I pre-comped as many levels as I did and I'd didn't want to unpack/re-do it all.  So, after a lot of run around of purging AE RAM and Premiere's render files…finally I purged the AE Global Cache and that fixed it.

That might have fixed my issue, but it seems like a bit a brute force solution for an issue with a couple of layers. Is there any way to purge the cache for a single layer? 

The Global Cache is there to increase preformance and if you have to purge it completely when one layer messes up, it almost defeats the purpose/gains of that increase.  Any insights you might have would be greatly appreciated.  If you need more details please don't hesitate to ask.  Thanks.