2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2006 3:58 AM by Newsgroup_User

how to avoid flash player out of memory problems

kalyanchakri
      hi all,

when i am running my swf file i am getting the message saying that " flash script causes flash player run slowly do u want abort script ". even it's not the problem of infinite loop.in that i am passing huge data.
      please help me how to avoid this situation.
        • 1. Re: how to avoid flash player out of memory problems
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          use setInterval(), onEnterFrame or a frame-loop to allocate your code's execution over several sections, none of which trigger the warning.
          • 2. Re: how to avoid flash player out of memory problems
            Level 7
            It is not apparent from your posting, but if you are parsing large amounts
            of XML data you could be faced with this issue if not just a general
            performance issue.
            Solution is look at how to consume the data in smaller pieces. In other
            words only download the needed data to deal with the immediate needs of the
            Flash movie and based on user interaction load additional data. A possible
            drawback is where user interaction required the data instantly such as
            rollovers for large numbers of objects.

Another solution is look at streamlining the data such as reducing nested
            levels in XML.

Finally you may have an infinite loop that depends on the data. With test
            data the code runs fine, however certain values trigger an indefinite loop.

I am working with a few large corporate clients and the mentality of dumping
            data in large vats to the client does not take into consideration the
            technology and performance. It should be the other way round -- know the
            capacity of the technology which is the Flash player.

--
            Lon Hosford
            www.lonhosford.com
            Flash, Actionscript and Flash Media Server examples:
            http://flashexamples.hosfordusa.com
            May many happy bits flow your way!
            "kalyanchakri" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:ed42oe$l6j$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > hi all,
            >
            > when i am running my swf file i am getting the message saying that " flash
            > script causes flash player run slowly do u want abort script ". even it's
            > not
            > the problem of infinite loop.in that i am passing huge data.
            > please help me how to avoid this situation.
            >
            >