• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add a search field to "Find on this page?"

Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a topic that contains 2 frames. The first frame (frame 1) is a topic that I want to add a search field to. The second frame (frame 2) displays external content (a directory listing of files). I'd like users to be able to enter all or part of a file name in a search field in frame 1 and have the matching filenames in frame 2 highlight.

I could tell users to use the "Find on this page" option in the IE toolbar but I'd prefer to put the same type of field directly in my topic.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks so much,

Charlotte

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlotte.

There is nothing out of the box that could achieve this. It sounds like a scripting solution could be provided but I'm afraid that is not an area I know a lot about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a link to a Find in Page script in Item 2 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#robohtml. I'm not sure it will work for your specific requirement but it is worth a try.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp