4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2012 4:27 PM by chris.campbell

Google Chrome installing without my consent when I update Adobe Flash Player

kengehle

To whom do I complain about Google Chrome installing without my consent when I updated Adobe Flash Player? I updated to Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X this morning. I saw no indication that Google Chrome was going to install and given that I have used GC in the past and absolutely hated it I would not have completed the Flash update. If there is an opt-out for Chrome when updating Flash it needs to be more obvious.

I was annoyed but simply uninstalled Chrome and thought that would take care of it. Not so fast! Suddenly links in Outlook emails stopped working. All tolled I spent 2 hours figuring out what the problem was, finding the solution and editing the registry to get rid of Chrome. I have moved beyond annoyed to livid. I am self-employed and did not have 2 hours of my week to devote to this.

I will never use Google Chrome. I tried it, didn't like it and I'm now I'm thoroughly done. Is there a way to permanently opt out of getting Google Chrome?

So again, to whom do I complain?

Tamara Gehle