7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2012 3:43 PM by Elsekennedy

problems rendering and exporting from Premiere Pro, Encore CS 6

Elsekennedy

I am having a problem with Premiere Pro and Encore CS6 . In Premiere Pro, my preview files do not get saved and I need to re-render each time I open the project. When the project opens it shows mainly red bars separated by blank (uncoloured) space. I am currently attempting to re-render this project, and it is stuck at 0.01%. In Encore, when I open my project I get the message The transcoded Dynamic Link asset _______ has changed on the server.  Would you like to reimport it? I select yes, but am unable to preview the project, probably because it is unrendered in Premiere. When I attempt to build a DVD the building initiates and then freezes. I have the project set up correctly and no issues come up when i go through 'check project'. I've searched forums for solutions to these problems, but haven't been able to resolve the issues. please help! My computer is an IBM ThinkPad LENOVO W510 with 16GB RAM. The premiere project is linked to After Effects compositions

• 1. Re: problems rendering and exporting from Premiere Pro, Encore CS 6
          SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

Well I know sometimes the linking can act up, so Premiere is linked to AE, and then Encore is pulling from the both, so it gets complicated. Try this - from Premiere, do Export > Media and create the "MPEG-2 for DVD" right from AME. If that works, then just go to Encore and use "Import as Timeline" to bring in the .m2v and .wav files. Taking a layer of complexity out of the equation.

Also, you shouldn't have to render before export - what needs rendering, will render when need be behind the scenes. Actually, unless "Use Previews" is checked in the encoder, stuff will get re-rendered again anyhow on export.

What is the length of the program you are exporting by the way?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: problems rendering and exporting from Premiere Pro, Encore CS 6
            Elsekennedy Level 1

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for a quick response! I will try your suggestion now. Does exporting as MPEG-2 from AME then burning a disk through Encore mean that the file is compressed twice?

The project is a short documentary, 10 minutes long.

I 'll let you know how I go

Ehanks,

Else

• 3. Re: problems rendering and exporting from Premiere Pro, Encore CS 6

Hi Else,

Footage is encoded ONCE. Since the "MPEG-2 for DVD" file that you create in AME is DVD-legal, when you import into Encore, you will see next to it "Don't Transcode", it just uses the file as is. The .wav audio will be transcoded to Dolby AC-3 automatically when you build the disc in Encore.

So in AME, for Format, choose "MPEG-2 DVD", then choose a Preset to match your footage type, such as "NTSC Widescreen High Quality". Under VIDEO tab, you can adjust the data rate. For a short program, just choose CBR (Constant Bit Rate) and a setting of 7 or 8. Nothing else to touch in there, just choose a filename and destination and encode. Will create .m2v video and .wav audio clips. In Encore, use Import > As Tineline" and select both clips.

If source project is HD, then at bottom of encoder window, select "Max Render Quality", as this helps with downscaling quality.

If you say what the source sequence settings are I can be more specific on output settings.

Thanks

Jeff

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: problems rendering and exporting from Premiere Pro, Encore CS 6
                Elsekennedy Level 1

I have just tried exporting from Premiere and I get the message "offline material is present in this export and will be encoded using the offline media graphic".

The project has been running extremely slowly since I first linked to After Effects, but I have never been unable to render or had offline material before. Any thoughts?

• 5. Re: problems rendering and exporting from Premiere Pro, Encore CS 6
                  Elsekennedy Level 1

Source sequence settings are 1080p 25fps

• 6. Re: problems rendering and exporting from Premiere Pro, Encore CS 6

Hi Else,

Sorry to hear you have issues going on. Was an external drive disconnected perhaps? You have clips missing - Premiere can't find them where it thinks they ought to be. Can't help with that.

As far as DVD export, since you are in PAL land, and using a progressive source, then the DVD output preset would be "PAL widescreen progressive" or as close as possible, don't have the options in front of me right now. But that is not of concern until you get your project working again! SAVE project, close and restart and see what happens. Maybe reboot computer while you're at it and check any drive connections.

Thanks

Jeff

• 7. Re: problems rendering and exporting from Premiere Pro, Encore CS 6
                      Elsekennedy Level 1

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your help.

After giving the project about half an hour to load I'm able to export as an MPEG-2 DVD. The export has been counting down on 4- 5 hours for the last hour or so. Hopefully it will export in the end, but having Premiere locked up in exporting for all that time sets me back.

What I am exporting is a rough cut, and I will need to do some fine editing over the next few days. I think after this experience I will go back to a previous version of the project and redo the work I've done in After Effects in Premiere (mainly image stabilisation and colour grading) as much as I can.

Cheers, Else