5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2012 7:35 AM by Clive555

Frame Hold

Clive555 Level 1

I have to admit that I have been an Avid user for many years and I am really trying to like Premiere, but I find the simple task of a freeze frame to be an extremely confusing experience!

I have a shot that I want to put a 5 sec freeze on the last frame.  Having read all over how to do this, I eventually duplicated the shot in the timeline and put a Frame Hold on the out point.  I then moved the length of the clip from the start of the clip to the duration of the freeze that I wanted (5 seconds).  I then moved the frame hold clip back to the last frame of the shot that I am tryin to freeze.

All looked great and if I dragged the playbar anywhere within the 5 second clip, it shows that it is frozen.  When I play the clip, however, it does not show the clip frozen, it plays the full motion of the 5 second piece.

I can't render the clip...  If I hit return to render and play, there is no rendering that takes place - the sequence plays immediately.  I tried also, under Sequence, to render the work area and nothing happens.

If I export the sequence, the 5 seconds is frozen.  How do I view the freeze from playing the timeline in PP 5.5?

Thanks for the help.