5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 11:43 AM by JustHater RSS

3d with no picture

JustHater

Attention! Problem!

My 3d meny in PS CS5.1 not working with PSD. Meny is gray. But with picture( jpg, png) PS is working good. Is it right?

• 1. Re: 3d with no picture
          conroy Community Member

3D requires RGB or Grayscale mode. It also requires a compatible GPU and for that to be enabled in Preferences > Performance. Were the 3D features available previously?

• 2. Re: 3d with no picture
            Mylenium MVP

Agree with conroy. Check your document color mode. also verify the document size. On weaker graphics hardware, the 3D features may not work because they do not have the necessary resources to use large layers as textures.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: 3d with no picture
              SG... Adobe Employee

Hi,

Can you provide more system details, as well?

Ps CS5.1 has a software fallback for some of the 3D features, so not all 3D menu items are greyed out with a disabled GPU.

regards,

steve

• 4. Re: 3d with no picture
                JustHater Community Member

Thank you very much for responses!

Yeah! Reason of my problem was CMYK color mode. I set RGB and it is working! But my graphics card is really weak, and after some time, but only sometimes, i get attention message, and work become slow.

• 5. Re: 3d with no picture
                  JustHater Community Member

And there is more question....

So difficult to explain it...

I need to make ONE 3d object with a few ojbects with different settings of a material. It will be rough board with glassy sticker. I want to choose scene or camera setting for both material.

I noticed that layers (bump, diffuse...) in 3d object is simple SmartObjects, and at any time i can to change pictures(maps). But it would be not bad, if i could to add some layers. Can i do that? Or other way?
                  I hope it clearly.