3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2012 1:38 PM by Jörg Hoh

MSM rollout across different localized sites

mp05

Hi

We have a master site in UK and follows templates under /apps/uksite/templates. But the localised sites using Swedish/Finnish have a bit different look-n-feel and require a different structure - /apps/swedishsite/templates.

Can we use MSM Rollout configuration to copy the content from English UK site to Swedish language site across different /apps? How can we achieve copying in Swedish language?

Thanks

• 1. Re: MSM rollout across different localized sites
          Jörg Hoh Adobe Employee

What does your master site and the swedish site have in common? They have a different design, different page structure, different language, different templates ...

So for me it looks like that the MSM is not the right solution for you, as the sites have nothing in common.

kind regards,

Jörg

• 2. Re: MSM rollout across different localized sites
            mp05 Level 1

Thanks Jorg, yes the templates are bit different with diffeent CSS but the content may still remain the same in different language.

If I am right, MSM generally copies the pages in English or few more CQ supported language?

• 3. Re: MSM rollout across different localized sites
              Jörg Hoh Adobe Employee

The MSM is not restricted to copy only pages in certain languages (maybe you mix it up with the Language Copy tool).

Well, you need to translate the content... So, when you test it on your scenario, can you see any immediate benefit?

1. The MSM doesn't do the translation
              2. the structure on languages needs to be different, so the standard MSM config does not help you here.
              3. Pages cannot be copied 1:1

So, you can develop custom code to overcome these restrictions 2 and 3, but currently I don't see any benefits of the MSM over a complete manual process.

Jörg