3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2012 7:33 AM by sudarshan.t

Why doesn't paste work the first time?

TinRobot44 Level 1

I keep finding that when I copy something in one Photoshop document, then go to another Photoshop document and hit CMD V to paste and nothing happens.  So I hit CMD V again and it pastes.  This happens all the time.  Why doesn't it paste the first time?

• 1. Re: Why doesn't paste work the first time?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

It should work first time what OS what PS version what Video Card and driver do you use?

• 2. Re: Why doesn't paste work the first time?
            TinRobot44 Level 1

Good questions.  I'm on an Imac i7 processor with 12gb ram.  PS 13.0.

• 3. Re: Why doesn't paste work the first time?
              sudarshan.t Level 6

Is it 13.0 or 13.0.1?

Find out in Help > System Info.

If it is 13.0, hit Help > Update and run all updates. The current version is 13.0.1. This should mostly fix the problem.

If it doesnt, I'd suspect the latency due to - probably - the clipboard size? Sometimes, it takes a few seconds for the data you 'Copy' to go to clipboard. Hitting 'Paste' before it is fully copied will not give you any output - because your clipboard is empty. To rule out this possibility, try this:

• Copy something the first time in a document in PS
              • Hit Paste on a new document in PS (2 times, in your case)
              • Copy something else from within PS
              • Hit Paste in another document again - see if the first time paste doesn't work - or if it does and if it pastes the 1st Copied date or the latter

Let us know how it goes.

-ST