5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2012 6:38 AM by alexdejesus

Shopping for a color calibrator for consumer monitor

alexdejesus Level 1

I don't have the resources at the moment to purchase a professional monitor or even a good consumer model. I have been frustrated by video editing and color correcting. I have no confidence that I am seeing reality. I actually have two different monitors that look very different from each other and are very difficult to adjust using color bars, etc. (either on the monitor as well as with Windows)

I have read that I need a calibration tool. I see the xRite Color munky display and seems like a good deal, but wondering if it is overkill for consumer monitors. Also, if there are other products available. I  am looking to spend up to about $200 for the peace of mind. I am looking for speed and ease of use, ability to compensate for frequent ambient lighting changes, and the ability to match different monitors.

I am using a Samsung Syncmaster P2370HD monitor, and a cheap 1280x720 second display (Syncmaster 930b). I have a decent video card, Zotac GTX580 Amp! and 32G of RAM. Windows 7. I work mostly with Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects CS6.

Does Adobe have a calibrator tool or software that I don't know about?