Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording additional slides

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*sigh*

So I am finishing up a project, it's 1:45 in the morning here. I just want to record these few additional slides, and be done. I have my red recording box, but no "settings" dialouge!! The part where you pick which window to record, snap to fit, THE BUTTON TO START THE RECORDING!! This happens now when I try to even record a brand new project.. w...t...f????

SCREENSHOT LINK - CLICK HERE

I have tried rebooting.... powering down, powering back up.. it's still not working!! It was just working yesterday fine!! Nothing has changed, except that I powered down, brought my PC home to work through tomorrow (in St. Louis, supposed to get a decent amount of snow...)

System specs:
Dell Precision 390
Intel C2Q 2.4Ghz
4GB Ram
QuadroFX 3450 PCI-e
XP Pro
Captivate 3
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008
Hi again Jeremy

The only other thing I can think of to try is to perform what I call "The factory reset". Basically, you close Captivate, then use Windows explorer to hunt down and delete or rename a settings file. After you do this and restart Captivate, a totally fresh settings file is created when Captivate starts.

To locate the settings file, close Captivate and open Windows Explorer.
Navigate to the following folder:
D:\Documents and Settings\????\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SISk12

My own guess here is that maybe at work you are using multiple monitors and at home you aren't? So maybe that recording dialog is actually there, but moved out of sight. If so, maybe you will be interested in UltraMon. You may view the site by clicking here.

Note that I have no affiliation with this company. I simply googled to find a utility that might be used in such a situation as I described earlier.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes At work I use two 20.1in LCD's

Here at my house I am using a 32" LCD TV as my second monitor hooked up through DVI and a 21" CRT through the DVI-VGA.. So I am still using two monitors. I have tried looking for it on both monitors. Changing primary monitors, upping resolutions on both, etc. That dialogue is nowhere to be found. On the same configuration on my home PC, it comes up fine. I may just uninstall/reinstall the app on my work computer..

Any other Ideas? I have used ultramon before 😉 I also like to use "MultiMon Taskbar" LINK!

-Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Jeremy

The only other thing I can think of to try is to perform what I call "The factory reset". Basically, you close Captivate, then use Windows explorer to hunt down and delete or rename a settings file. After you do this and restart Captivate, a totally fresh settings file is created when Captivate starts.

To locate the settings file, close Captivate and open Windows Explorer.
Navigate to the following folder:
D:\Documents and Settings\????\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Captivate

Note that you would substitute your own information where you see ???? above.

In this location should be a file named captivate_v30.dat (captivate_v20.dat if using version 2).

Rename or delete the file and restart Captivate.

Hopefully this gets you back up and running! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
that did it.. don't know why but it did. I also had my 2nd monitor (TV) turned off when I restarted the app. Thanks for the help as always Rick! You are the man!

-Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources