1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 18, 2012 1:06 PM by Steven L. Gotz

Gray and green sliders

dt6wgd

Hi, everyone.  I was wondering if someone could help me here.  I've been trying to figure out what these gray and green sliders are that appear once in a while below my preview monitor, above my play button.  Unlike a lot of other things in Premiere, when I mouse over them, no text appears to explain what they are.

grayandgreensliders.JPG

What do they do?  How can I use them to my advantage?  I noticed that when they're there, I can't make in or out points, so I do option x to get rid of them.

• 1. Re: Gray and green sliders
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5

The gray one is the video selection and the green one the audio selection.

You must have split the Audio and the Video using the Mark Split command. If there is another way, I don't think I know of it. Somewhere along the line you must have set the in and out points for the audio and the video separately.

You use suh things for L and J cuts. I never have used them. I just do that on the timeline, but I can see where it could come in handy if I ever thought far enough ahead.

I can continue to change the in and out points so I do not know why you can't.