4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2012 11:32 PM by Steven L. Gotz

corrupted project?

Elsekennedy Level 1

I have a Premiere Pro CS6 project which is approx 10 minutes long with individual clips linked to After Effects compositions. Last week I was able to dynamically link to Encore and build a dvd. A few days later and the project keeps freezing - premiere becomes non responsive whn i try to do simple things like select a workspace or move a clip. I have to re-render clips each time Premiere opens and once they have rendered they don't play back smoothly. sometimes only audio plays back and the video is black. has the project corrupted? I have tried replacing some of the after effects compositions with non-linked clips. I am considering uninstalling Premiere and reinstalling it on a drive with more space. Will this affect my project? many questions, sorry . any help appreciated.

• 1. Re: corrupted project?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... click these links and provide the requested information

-http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416679

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419406

• 2. Re: corrupted project?
            Elsekennedy Level 1

Thanks for the links, and apologies for not giving enough info.

I’m using Premiere Pro CS6. All recent updates are installed. OS is Win 7 Pro x64. Source footage is all H.264 in a .mov container (DSLR from canon T2i). Premiere clips are linked to After Effects (multiple individual compositions) mainly for warp stabilisation. I am using a laptop with 16 Gb RAM and NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M graphics processor. PC Processor type is Intel® Core™ i7-720QM (1.60GHz base; 2.80GHz Max). Both previews and output to Encore fail to playback.

As requested, below are screenshots from Process Explorer and Speed Fan. Process explorer shows a high CPU at idle (around 80). Below that is the System information. Unfortunately I can't see a way to attach the system information - nfo file..

Screenshot - process explorer.jpg

Screenshot - speedfan.jpg

------------------
            System Information
            ------------------
            Time of this report: 11/20/2012, 10:02:25
                   Machine name: USER-THINK
               Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330)
                       Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
            System Manufacturer: LENOVO
                   System Model: 43192PU
                           BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBLX
                      Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU       Q 720  @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
                         Memory: 16384MB RAM
            Available OS Memory: 16316MB RAM
                      Page File: 4576MB used, 28053MB available
                    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
                DirectX Version: DirectX 11
            DX Setup Parameters: Not found
               User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
            System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
                DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

[Edited for content by Jeff Bellune] Please don't post entire system or crash logs; it makes the post and the whole thread unreadable and far less useful to anyone who might use this topic for research in the future.

• 3. Re: corrupted project?
              Elsekennedy Level 1

Ireceived an answer to my question:  "I am considering uninstalling Premiere and reinstalling it on a drive with more space. Will this affect my project?" on another thread (see below)

The cache is independent from the install. You can already reconfigure it in the prefs and move it to anotehr location or delete it. The worst that can ahppen that it will take soem time to rebuild it. Otehr than that - be aware that when you move things you cannot move just a single app. Each and every bit of Adobe software wiill have to be uninstalled or else you won't be able to pick a different location because the install path will point to its current location. Run the cleaner tools inbetween if necessary. Also keep in mind that despite being able to move the main apps, Shared Components will always be installed in the system root drive. In fact e.g. moving the 1GB of Premiere files compared to 2GB of shared files may not at all improve your situation.

I am unsure whether moving the program files will help my situation. My main question is: has the project corrupted? is it retrievable? How do I bring it back to a point where it will render, playback, stop crashing, and build dvds through Encore?

• 4. Re: corrupted project?
                Steven L. Gotz Level 5

Try creating a new project and importing the old one into the new one.