4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2013 7:07 AM by index999

lingo/java

Arrakis Level 1

I have a sprite and I want to make a very basic script.  When I open it writes the first and last lines as lingo.  I want to do java script so I choose from the drop down menu.  But how do I make it so that the first and last lines are java? 

• 1. Re: lingo/java
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure I understand your question, but it sounds as though you have an existing script written in Lingo that you want to have translated into JavaScript. Is that correct? If so, perhaps you could post your existing Lingo. However, it also begs a question: if your existing (Lingo) script is working, why change it?

• 2. Re: lingo/java
            Arrakis Level 1

OK you know when you open the script director automatically writes the first and last lines.    So when I change it to Java and reopen it doesnt write the first and last lines in java, its still in lingo.

• 3. Re: lingo/java
              rduane Level 1

Go to "Director>Preferences>Script..." and change the "Default Script Type" to "JavaScript".  Now when you open a NEW script, it will fill in the deafault first and last lines in JavaScript, but it won't change any of your existing scripts.

• 4. Re: lingo/java
                index999

I'm agree

very bad support for JScript 

no good examples and descriptions

I like ECMA syntax

It's very  bad