How to Clean up a Background in Photoshop Touch
Remove unwanted background clutter while protecting parts of your image that you want to keep.
1. After selecting the "Clean up a Background" tutorial, press "Begin Tutorial" to start. Zoom in on the woman's head by placing your thumb and finger on the screen and spreading them apart.
2. Choose the Lasso Selection Tool.
3. Draw a selection around her head and upper right arm.
4. Choose Add to Selection and draw to select any areas that were missed.
Tip: All of the selection tools allow you to finesse your selections. Use the Add to Selection or Remove from Selection options to increase or decrease an existing selection.
5. Choose Select > Feather to soften the selection edge.
6. Use a value of 1 px to feather. Tap OK.
7. Tap Select > Inverse to protect the woman's head in the next few steps.
8. Zoom out on the image by placing your thumb and finger on the screen and pinching them in.
9. Choose the Clone Stamp tool.
10. Tap Source and tap once in the center of the water between the two men.
11. Use the Clone Stamp tool to cover the man and woman in the background. Reset the Source as needed.
12. Tap Select > Deselect
13. Tap the back arrow in the top options bar. This will prompt you to save. Press Save to save your project.
Please download the attachment to view in a PDF format.