How to Add Dramatic Blur.
Add a sense of motion and mystery to your photo by isolating your subject and using a motion blur on your background.
1. After selecting the "Add Dramatic Flare" tutorial, press "Begin Tutorial" to start. Tap the top layer and choose the Scribble Selection tool.
2. Tap Keep and paint around the edges of the woman's shape.
3. Tap Remove and paint around the edge outside the woman's shape to isolate her from the background.
4. Choose Select > Refine Edge
5. Reduce the size of the brush and paint along the edge of the woman's shape.
6. Once the background has been masked, tap the OK.
7. Tap Add Layer > Layer from Selection.
8. Tap the target icon on the middle layer to hide it.
9. Tap Effects > Photo > Sleepy Hollow
10. Set the intensity to about 50% and tap OK.
11. Select the bottom layer. Tap Effects > Basic > Directional Blur.
12. Enter a blur of 50 and tap OK.
13. Tap the back arrow in the top options bar. This will prompt you to save. Press Save to save your project.
Download the attachment to view in a PDF format.