3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2012 6:31 AM by the_wine_snob

PE 11: crashes when loading a project / rendering

Kufa_Sthlm

Hello,

I've been playing around a little with PE 11, and had several crashes and hangs for the last couple of hours:

- hangs when rendering the timeline using the enter key

- crashes when re-opening a project: Adobe Media Core CS6 has stopped working (Adobe QT32 Server.exe, QuickTime.qts 7.73.80.64)

- sometimes getting 'unknown error' when 'sharing' this project as a high quality i

I can manage to re-open the project if i clean my rendered files and media cache, but it's extremely annoying.

I believe it's related to one of the video i'm using, a prores APCN 1920x1080 29.97fps.

I have no problems opening/viewing it using any tool on my computer, or by using the Organizer.

If i rename the directory which contain this specific video, try to open the project and remap the missing file with a H264 version instead of prores, it crashes right away.

The current virtual memory size and private bytes doesn't seem strange/excessive, and i'm also okay on the system commit charge.

I'm running up to date PE 11, and re-installed latest Quicktime just to be on the safe side.

I do not have any other memory/resources consuming software running in the background.

My specs: Win7 ultimate 32bits completely up to date, 4gb, i7 940, GT 620

Any idea what could be causing this?

/d