5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2012 4:37 PM by Steven L. Gotz

Introducing DissolveMaster

Harm Millaard Level 7

Occasionally I post here, when there is something worthwhile to mention. Usually it is on the hardware forum, but now it is much broader, so that is why I posted it here.

Many of you will know the name Pixelan from their plugin SpiceMaster and other plugins for Premiere Pro or Premiere Elements, see SpiceMaster and other plugins, but I have been lucky to have had the opportunity to test out their newest addition to their range of plugins, which is called DissolveMaster and it is a great addition to anyone's toolbox of plugins. As the name implies, it is a master at dissolves. It works in real-time in BGRA 444 format, no rendering required, comes with huge amounts of presets to choose from and tailor to your needs and has a great introductory price of only $ 39. The interface has been greatly improved over the one we were used to in SpiceMaster and it really works flawless. It is a great addition to SpiceMaster, it does not replace it, but extends it.

I can only suggest you go to their site and take a serious look at DissolveMaster

I have no commercial ties with Pixelan, other than having bought all their plugins, so there is nothing in it for me. But the value of this plugin is so great, I  thought it a good moment to mention it to you.

• 1. Re: Introducing DissolveMaster
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5

That looks pretty cool. Although I can just see me spending an hour or more working on what normally would have taken two seconds to throw on a transition.

Way more control than I would know what to do with. But I can see where is certainly deals with the issues that a lot of people complain about with simple cross-dissolves.

• 2. Re: Introducing DissolveMaster
            the_wine_snob Level 9

While I seldom use more than just a few Transitions, there have been times, when I needed to go beyond that limited group. On your rec., I picked up Pixelan's SpiceMaster, and it has been perfect for those few forays, beyond Cross-Dissolves, and Dip-to-Blacks. Their support has been fantastic, when I have needed it.

I will explore DissolveMaster.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Introducing DissolveMaster
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Nice find, Harm.  Thanks.

• 4. Re: Introducing DissolveMaster
                Harm Millaard Level 7

Steven,

The plugin works so easy, that even if you were to modify a preset extensively, it will not take you more than a couple of minutes at most, but offers you fantastic creative possibilities. Since having used it for some time, I have changed my editing style a bit. Where I used to just edit butt-to-butt without transitions or the occasional cross dissolve, I now use DM, DissolveMaster, quite regularly and since it is so easy to store your own presets, return to them for a consistent look. Maybe all you need to modify is adjusting the movable handle for the specific shot.

• 5. Re: Introducing DissolveMaster
                  Steven L. Gotz Level 5

Harm,

I am sorry, but I didn't get my point across. I never meant to suggest that it would take long to "do". I meant that I would take forever to "decide". I am just as likely to get deeply engrossed in the nuances of the transition than I am to get any real work done. No will power and extremely indecisive. Character faults that lead me to either skip transitions altogether or use something simple and keep going.

The first video had me drooling over my keyboard. Not good for a guy like me.  Too dangerous.