How to create a Tilt-Shift Effect with Photoshop Touch
Create the impression of a miniature landscape with this popular photographic technique.
1. After selecting the "Tilt-Shift Effect" tutorial, press "Begin Tutorial" to start. Choose Adjustments > Saturation.
2. Change the Saturation to about 67% and tap OK
3. Tap Add Layer and create a duplicate
4. Choose Effects > Basic > Gaussian Blur
5. Set Blur to about 10. Tap OK.
6. Pinch and zoom out with two fingers to reduce the view to about 50%.
Tip: Zooming out before you continue to the next step will allow you to see the entire image while creating a gradient mask for the blurred layer.
7. Tap the & menu, then Add Fade.
8. Select a vertical gradient and move the lower gradient handle to the bottom of the image.
9. Tap the Edit Gradient button to alter the gradient
10. Move the right transparent spot button to the middle. Add another opacity spot by tapping at the right edge of the gradient slider where the moved spot should be.
Tip: You can remove unwanted gradient spots by dragging them vertically out of the spot area.
11. Change the new spot Opacity to 100%. The Opacity gradient should vary from 100% to 0% to 100%. Tap OK.
Tip: Tapping a spot on the gradient bar toggles the Opacity slider on and off.
12. Tap the back arrow in the top options bar. This will prompt you to save. Press Save to save your project.
If you would like to view this tutorial in a PDF format, download the attachment