11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2017 10:33 AM by rebeccaf72661436

How to create custom stamp with a dynamic date

RobinJo139 Level 1

I tried to create a custom stamp with a dynamic date. But the date is not dynamic. Please help

• 1. Re: How to create custom stamp with a dynamic date
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

There are a number of things that have to be set up correctly for a stamp to work as a dynamic stamp, form the template name to the calculation script. If you provide the details of how you set the stamp PDF, it would help, as would the following book which has all the information you need: www.amazon.com/About-Stamps-Acrobat®-Paperless-Workflows/dp/0985614706/

• 2. Re: How to create custom stamp with a dynamic date
            RobinJo139 Level 1

I've followed exactly the steps from here http://www.ehow.com/how_5935062_create-dynamic-stamp-acrobat.html but no luck.

I tried modified one of the stamp in Dynamic.pdf by adding a picture below the dynamic form and it'll work. But if i create a new custom stamp, it doesnt work.

Steps I have tried:

1. Create a my-stamp.pdf

2. Add the dynamic date (it is working at this point. it'll use the current date)

3. Save my-stamp.pdf

4. Open mydocument.pdf

5. Create custom stamp (browse to my-stamp.pdf and add it)

6. Goto Comments -> Annotations -> Select my-stamp.pdf and add to the document (the date is showing the date on step 2)

• 3. Re: How to create custom stamp with a dynamic date

That tutorial isn't quite complete. What version of Acrobat are you using?

• 4. Re: How to create custom stamp with a dynamic date
                RobinJo139 Level 1

I have tried Acrobat Standard X and XI

• 5. Re: How to create custom stamp with a dynamic date

For the text field that you placed on the stamp page, what did you use for the calculation script?

• 6. Re: How to create custom stamp with a dynamic date
                    RobinJo139 Level 1

It is the same as the calculation script in the default Approved stamp in the dynamic.pdf

event.value = (new Date()).toString();

AFDate_FormatEx("h:MM tt, mmm dd, yyyy");

event.value = "By " + ((!identity.name || identity.loginName != (event.source.source || this).Collab.user) ? (event.source.source || this).Collab.user : identity.name) + " at " + event.value;

• 7. Re: How to create custom stamp with a dynamic date

Did you add the field to that stamp file after you added your new stamp page to it, or before? You need to add the field after you have added the page to the stamp file.

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: How to create custom stamp with a dynamic date
                        RobinJo139 Level 1

May I know what field are you refering to? I dont quite get it. Sorry.

• 9. Re: How to create custom stamp with a dynamic date

In post #2 above, you list six steps. Step #2 needs to come after step #5. After adding your custom stamp page (my-stamp.pdf), you have to find the stamp file in your stamps folder and then add the text field, not before. This is described in steps 10 and 11 in the tutorial you linked to earlier.

1 person found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: How to create custom stamp with a dynamic date
                            rebeccaf72661436 Level 1

TRY, TRY, AND TRY AGAIN.  AFTER READING MANY ARTICLES AND TAPPING TILL MY FINGERS BLED, I HAVE TRIED TO SIMPLIFY THIS PROCESS WITHOUT ALL THE "YACK" IN BETWEEN INSTRUCTIONS.  ALTHOUGH WE NEED THE DETAILS, I FIND I DO NOT WHEN I AM TRYING TO CREATE.  HOPE THIS HELPS.  I HAVE TRIED TO INCLUDE EACH STEP, BUT HAVE NOT TESTED IT ON ANYONE BUT MYSELF.  SO IF THERE IS SOME CONFUSION, I APOLOGIZE.  THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE REPLIED TO THIS ISSUE SINCE YOUR INFO HELPED ME GET THIS FAR.

SINCERELY, REBECCA

CREATE NEW DYNAMIC STAMP ACROBAT 2017: BY REBECCA

1 OPEN PAGES APP (OR OTHER BLANK PAGE) AND COPY A CLIPART ONTO

THE PAGE AND SAVE AS A PDF FILE

OPEN THIS NEW PDF FILE WITH YOUR CLIPART AND EDIT: CLICK ON PAGE

AND REMOVE PAGE BOX; SAVE

2 DO THIS FOR EACH CLIPART YOU ARE USING TO MAKE A STAMP (ONE

CLIPART PER FILE)

3 OPEN ACROBAT 2017

4 CREATE A NEW PDF

5 CHOOSE NEW STAMP CLIPART FILE

6 CLICK ON CUSTOM STAMP

7 CLICK ON CREATE

8 DOES NOT MATTER WHAT ICON SHOWS IN WINDOW, CHOSE “FILE”

9 “BROWSE” GO TO FILE WHERE YOU HAVE SAVED THE CLIPART .PDF FILE

10 THE CLIPART WILL SHOW IN THE SAMPLE BOX, CLICK OK

11 CHOOSE DYNAMIC FROM CATEGORY AND GIVE STAMP A NAME

12 CLICK OK

NOW THE STAMP ICON IS IN THE ACROBAT APPLICATION “STAMP” FILE

13 DO THIS FOR EACH STAMP YOU WISH TO CREATE THEN “QUIT” ACROBAT

PROGRAM

14 GO TO - LIBRAY FILE; APPLICATION SUPPORT; ADOBE; ACROBAT; 2017;

STAMPS

THERE IS A FILE WITH #S AND LETTERS, QICKVIEW TO SEE THAT THIS IS

THE FILE WITH ALL THE ICONS

YOU USED IN #10 AND #11

15 RENAME THIS FILE TO SOMETHING YOU WILL RECOGNIZE SUCH AS YOUR

“DYNAMIC STAMPS FILE”

16 OPEN ACROBAT PROGRAM

17 OPEN THE “DYNAMIC STAMPS FILE” OR WHATEVER YOU NAMED IT IN THE

ACROBAT PROGRAM

18 SCROLL DOWN SINCE FIRST PAGE IS BLANK AS IT SHOULD BE AND FIND

THE ICON YOU WISH TO ADD THE DATE/TIME TO

19 CLICK ON “PREPARE FORM”

20 CHOOSE ADD DATE FIELD

21 PLACE EMPTY BOX FOR DATE/TIME ON ONE OF THE ICONS

22 OPEN “ALL PROPERTIES” FROM LINK ON FORM BOX

23 CHOOSE “APPEARANCE” FOR SIZE OF TEXT, CHOOSE PLACEMENT OF

TIME/DATE, CHOOSE FORMAT AND CHOOSE “NONE”, AND IN THE

“CALCULATE TAB” CLICK ON “CUSTOM CALCULATION SCRIPT” AND “EDIT”

24 COPY AND PASTE INTO THIS JAVASCRIPT BOX THAT OPENS:

event.value = util.printd("HH:MM, mm/dd/yy", newDate());

25 DO THIS FOR EACH ICON ON THE LIST. IF THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SPACE

ON THE ICON IT WILL NOT LET YOU ADD A TEXT FIELD (DATE, TIME, ETC) ON

THE ICON. YOU WILL NEED TO START OVER AND MAKE THE ICON

AREA LARGER.

26 AFTER COMPLETING EACH STAMP WITH DATE/TIME, CLOSE THE PROGRAM

27 GO BACK INTO THE ACROBAT PROGRAM AND CREATE A NEW PDF OR OPEN

ANY .PDF DOCUMENT AND CLICK ON THE STAMP BUTTON. CHOOSE FROM THE

DYNAMIC STAMPS THE ONE YOU JUST CREATED.

THE CURRENT DATE AND TIME SHOULD BE WHAT IS SET ON YOUR

COMPUTER.

CHECK BACK AFTER A FEW MINUTES TO MAKE SURE THE TIME HAS CHANGED

TO THE CURRENT TIME.

• 11. Re: How to create custom stamp with a dynamic date
                              rebeccaf72661436 Level 1

TRY, TRY, AND TRY AGAIN.  AFTER READING MANY ARTICLES AND TAPPING TILL MY FINGERS BLED, I HAVE TRIED TO SIMPLIFY THIS PROCESS WITHOUT ALL THE "YACK" IN BETWEEN INSTRUCTIONS.  ALTHOUGH WE NEED THE DETAILS, I FIND I DO NOT WHEN I AM TRYING TO CREATE.  HOPE THIS HELPS.  I HAVE TRIED TO INCLUDE EACH STEP, BUT HAVE NOT TESTED IT ON ANYONE BUT MYSELF.  SO IF THERE IS SOME CONFUSION, I APOLOGIZE.  THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE REPLIED TO THIS ISSUE SINCE YOUR INFO HELPED ME GET THIS FAR.

SINCERELY, REBECCA

CREATE NEW DYNAMIC STAMP ACROBAT 2017: BY REBECCA

1 OPEN PAGES APP (OR OTHER BLANK PAGE) AND COPY A CLIPART ONTO

THE PAGE AND SAVE AS A PDF FILE

OPEN THIS NEW PDF FILE WITH YOUR CLIPART AND EDIT: CLICK ON PAGE

AND REMOVE PAGE BOX; SAVE

2 DO THIS FOR EACH CLIPART YOU ARE USING TO MAKE A STAMP (ONE

CLIPART PER FILE)

3 OPEN ACROBAT 2017

4 CREATE A NEW PDF

5 CHOOSE NEW STAMP CLIPART FILE

6 CLICK ON CUSTOM STAMP

7 CLICK ON CREATE

8 DOES NOT MATTER WHAT ICON SHOWS IN WINDOW, CHOSE “FILE”

9 “BROWSE” GO TO FILE WHERE YOU HAVE SAVED THE CLIPART .PDF FILE

10 THE CLIPART WILL SHOW IN THE SAMPLE BOX, CLICK OK

11 CHOOSE DYNAMIC FROM CATEGORY AND GIVE STAMP A NAME

12 CLICK OK

NOW THE STAMP ICON IS IN THE ACROBAT APPLICATION “STAMP” FILE

13 DO THIS FOR EACH STAMP YOU WISH TO CREATE THEN “QUIT” ACROBAT

PROGRAM

14 GO TO - LIBRAY FILE; APPLICATION SUPPORT; ADOBE; ACROBAT; 2017;

STAMPS

THERE IS A FILE WITH #S AND LETTERS, QICKVIEW TO SEE THAT THIS IS

THE FILE WITH ALL THE ICONS

YOU USED IN #10 AND #11

15 RENAME THIS FILE TO SOMETHING YOU WILL RECOGNIZE SUCH AS YOUR

“DYNAMIC STAMPS FILE”

16 OPEN ACROBAT PROGRAM

17 OPEN THE “DYNAMIC STAMPS FILE” OR WHATEVER YOU NAMED IT IN THE

ACROBAT PROGRAM

18 SCROLL DOWN SINCE FIRST PAGE IS BLANK AS IT SHOULD BE AND FIND

THE ICON YOU WISH TO ADD THE DATE/TIME TO

19 CLICK ON “PREPARE FORM”

20 CHOOSE ADD DATE FIELD

21 PLACE EMPTY BOX FOR DATE/TIME ON ONE OF THE ICONS

22 OPEN “ALL PROPERTIES” FROM LINK ON FORM BOX

23 CHOOSE “APPEARANCE” FOR SIZE OF TEXT, CHOOSE PLACEMENT OF

TIME/DATE, CHOOSE FORMAT AND CHOOSE “NONE”, AND IN THE

“CALCULATE TAB” CLICK ON “CUSTOM CALCULATION SCRIPT” AND “EDIT”

24 COPY AND PASTE INTO THIS JAVASCRIPT BOX THAT OPENS:

event.value = util.printd("HH:MM, mm/dd/yy", newDate());

25 DO THIS FOR EACH ICON ON THE LIST. IF THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SPACE

ON THE ICON IT WILL NOT LET YOU ADD A TEXT FIELD (DATE, TIME, ETC) ON

THE ICON. YOU WILL NEED TO START OVER AND MAKE THE ICON

AREA LARGER.

26 AFTER COMPLETING EACH STAMP WITH DATE/TIME, CLOSE THE PROGRAM

27 GO BACK INTO THE ACROBAT PROGRAM AND CREATE A NEW PDF OR OPEN

ANY .PDF DOCUMENT AND CLICK ON THE STAMP BUTTON. CHOOSE FROM THE

DYNAMIC STAMPS THE ONE YOU JUST CREATED.

THE CURRENT DATE AND TIME SHOULD BE WHAT IS SET ON YOUR

COMPUTER.

CHECK BACK AFTER A FEW MINUTES TO MAKE SURE THE TIME HAS CHANGED

TO THE CURRENT TIME.