11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2012 10:23 AM by gjedden7890

Upgrade question

gjedden7890

I cannot buy the upgrade for Forms Central because I am situated in Greenland. If I go to Denmark and buy it there - would I be able to use it when I  come back to Greenland?

• 1. Re: Upgrade question
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

You need to purchase with a credit card that has a billing address in a country we sell from.

Randy

• 2. Re: Upgrade question
            gjedden7890 Level 1

Hi Randy

Thank you for your answer. I think maybe it is a question of the IP address. When I get rejected I have not given any credit card information. It is when I press “upgrade”.. The systems finds out that I am located in Greenland, and does not want to allow me access to upgrade.

What do I do?

Ikinngutinnersumik inuulluaqqusillunga / Med venlig hilsen / Best regards,

Allan Iversen

Attaveqatigiinnermi siunnersorti /Kommunikationskonsulent / Communication

Aqutsisoqarnermik Allattoqarfik / Ledelsessekretariatet / Secretary of management

• 3. Re: Upgrade question
              Dave Stromfeld Adobe Employee

Hi, Allan.

I apologize for the issues you're having.

I believe the issue stems from the fact that your Adobe ID (the email address you used to post to this forum) needs to match the Adobe Store where you are completing your purchase. Your Adobe ID is set as "Greenland" and we don't have a Greenland store. However you are trying to complete your purchase through the Denmark store.

I would recommend the following. If you have issues with these instructions, post again and I'll contact you offline.

1. Create a new Adobe ID with any different email address. e.g. a free Yahoo or Gmail account. Choose "Denmark" as your country. https://formscentral.acrobat.com/CreateAccount.html

(Unfortunately, you cannot change the country of your existing Adobe ID from "Greenland" to "Denmark".)

2. Try to purchase FormsCentral again from the Denmark store using this new Adobe ID. Try these links:

Let us know if this works or if you run into issues.

Regards,

Dave

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Upgrade question
                gjedden7890 Level 1

Hi Dave

Think I found a solution. Now I can buy it, but I cannot buy from my account aliv@peqqik.gl<mailto:aliv@peqqik.gl> Can you somehow delete this account so I can remake it again with Danish address. ? I need to be able to refer to the email address when people fill out forms. As it is now, this is not possible.

Allan Iversen

Aqutsisoqarnermik Allattoqarfik / Ledelsessekretariatet / Secretary of management

• 5. Re: Upgrade question
                  gjedden7890 Level 1

Hi Dave

I did not get a reaction to this email – please reply

Allan Iversen

• 6. Re: Upgrade question

Hi, Allan.

Sorry for the delayed response.

I think you're trying to do the following. Let me know if this is incorrect.

• You have Adobe ID 1 "...peqqik.gl".
                    • You have purchased FormsCentral with Adobe ID 2, which is associated with Denmark.
                    • You now wish to migrate your FormsCentral subscription to Adobe ID 1, so that your FormsCentral subscription is associated with your preferred email.

If this is correct, I'd recommend the following:

1. Log into FormsCentral with Adobe ID 1.
                    2. Go to Account Menu (the "head" icon in upper right) > My Information.
                    3. Change your Adobe ID to anything else. It can be "....peqqik-test.gl". It doesn't matter. This will "free up" your preferred email address.
                    4. Log out of FormsCentral.
                    5. Now log back into FormsCentral with Adobe ID 2.
                    6. Repeat Steps 2 and 3. Change your Adobe ID to your preferred email address "...peqqik.gl".

Now, your FormsCentral subscription is associated with your preferred email.

Hope this makes sense, and it works for you. Let us know if this resolves your issue or not.

Dave

• 7. Re: Upgrade question
                      gjedden7890 Level 1

Hi Dave

Thanks for quick reply second time around ☺.. I tried it out and it seems to work – thanks…

Have a nice day

Allan Iversen

• 8. Re: Upgrade question

Allan,

I'm glad this worked for you. Let me ask you a related (maybe politically charged) question.

This issue arose because we allow you to choose Greenland as your country when you create your Adobe ID. However, we don't have a Greenland Store. And when you try to check out through the Denmark Store, your checkout fails because your Adobe ID Country (Greenland) doesn't match your Store Country (Denmark).

Do the residents of Greenland (and the Faroe Islands) often see their countries in a "Country" list?

It may be less confusing to residents of these countries if we remove these options when creating an Adobe ID.

Would residents of these countries be comfortable choosing "Denmark" as their country?

This would ensure that later (when you try to check out via the Denmark Store) that you won't have purchase issues.

I'm curious to hear the opinion of a resident of Greenland. Thank you!

Dave

• 9. Re: Upgrade question
                          gjedden7890 Level 1

Hi Dave

It is actually a very relevant and “spicy” question. Until 2009 the Greenlandic people were still ruled by Denmark. Now Greenland are allowed to make all domestic decisions and Denmark still make the oversea decisions. The first language is now Greenlandic, where is until 2009 was Danish. This has given a great independence feeling among some native Greenlandic people.

Especially one of the political parties is very dedicated to not having outside interference, and handling all matters alone. This however is not realistic yet but not all people understand this.

So I would say that you should do what is possible to make Greenland an option when buying the product. Greenland is developing very fast and the use of internet, facebook, apps and modern digital solutions are catching up on Denmark.

About the Faroe Islands I am not sure, but I am pretty sure that their independence feeling is not as big as in Greenland.

Allan Iversen

• 10. Re: Upgrade question

Thanks for the perspective, Allan. We'll take all this into account.

• 11. Re: Upgrade question
                              gjedden7890 Level 1

You are welcome – and thank you for your qualified assistance.

Allan Iversen