• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the database connection for a mobile site?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Flash mobile site that I didn't create, but need to edit. On clicking the submit button it checks that the login & password are in a SQL database. The problem is, I can't find the method that runs a query on the database or where the database is even connected. I've tried searching through the code for words like "SQL", "database", and "connection" without success. I stepped through the code where I find a call to method "super", but then it goes back to the original method and then the user is logged in. Can someone explain where the call to the database is?

Other things I'd like to know are: Where is the SQL Connection? In the main (non-mobile site), there is a web.config with a line that says

<add name="TPConnectionString1"  connectionString="DataSource=xxx.xx.xxx.xx,xxxx\sqlexpress;Initial Catalog=TP;Persist Security  Info=True;User ID=xxxxx" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

Where (what file: ex. web.config, xyz.as, etc.) would a similar line in the mobile code be?

What does super(type, bubbles, cancelable) do?

Here's the method for the submit button: LoginView.mxml

private function btnclicked():void{  techController.username = txtUsername.text;  techController.password = txtPassword.text;  var evt:TechEvent = new TechEvent(TechEvent.LOGIN_USER);  this.dispatchEvent(evt);  }

Here's the TechEvent function that is called: TechEvent.as

public function TechEvent(type: String, bubbles:Boolean=true, cancelable:Boolean=false)  {  super(type, bubbles, cancelable);  }

Here's the dispatchEvent method: UIComponent.as

override public function dispatchEvent(event:Event😞Boolean  {  if (dispatchEventHook != null)  dispatchEventHook(event, this);    return super.dispatchEvent(event);  }

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are looking for an event handler for the TechEvent.LOGIN_USER event.

Coding style looks similar to a SWIZ style framework, in which case, the event handlers could be defined using metadata [EventHandler] or [Mediate] tags, but could just be a plain simple .addEventListener(TectEvent.LOGIN_USER,fn); declaration earlier on.

Either way, this is what has happened:

1. User enters uname and password, then clicks button

2. Button click handler populates the techController with relevant values then dispatches an event to let the world know it has done so

3. The event handler checks the techController and makes the login call

4. Some time later, the server will respond and trigger another event that the app can respond to

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines