3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2012 7:22 AM by JimHess

DNG converting creation date too; dont want

Steve Zeeeee Level 1

DNG converter changes the creation date to conversion time ( = modify time) in finder.

This is precisely unwanted.  How to retain original creation date please?

Mac OSX.8.2

• 1. Re: DNG converting creation date too; dont want
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't know if this is any consolation to you, but in the EXIF data, in the Camera Data section, you will find a field labeled, "Date Time Original" that will still provide you with that information.

Capture.JPG

• 2. Re: DNG converting creation date too; dont want
            Steve Zeeeee Level 1

yes but i cannot organize in finder for disk burning, etc.

• 3. Re: DNG converting creation date too; dont want
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It seems that every time I try to find a workaround or say that something cannot be done, someone comes back and says there is a plug-in that will do that. And I seem to recall that someone has already indicated that there is a plug-in for fixing the problem you are referencing. But I don't use plug-ins. I am just a "plain vanilla" Photoshop/ACR/Lightroom user. You might want to do a Google search and see what you can come up with.

The problem, from my point of view, is that the file date on the DNG after it has been created is not a function of the converter. That date is stamped by the operating system. And since I don't use plug-ins, or at least haven't up to this point, I don't see any way for the operating system to read the EXIF data in the file to get that date.