1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2013 4:20 AM by Alex Pavelescu

Create searchable user profiles with file attachments

khuynh_mwco

Hello,

I represent a consulting type of firm looking to move its infrastructure into the cloud.

We are currently using SugarCRM hosted on our own server to store information about our consultants and subcontractors, their skills, qualifications, and resumes, etc. We've created our own system, integrated with a Wordpress-based website, to allow candidates to login and edit their profile, upload their resumes, and apply to job postings. Our frankenstein creation is sub-optimal, so I'm exploring some options that allow us to create both a website and our consultant tracking system, in a hosted environment.

On the surface, it looks like we could build a user-friendly website with Business Catalyst, with some allowance for consultants to login, edit their profiles, and upload their resumes.

I want to know if what I said there is correct and possible. More importantly, I'd like to know if there is a data view for this information that users have uploaded. That is, we'd like our employees to be able to search through all these consultants, look at their skills and resumes, match them up with jobs that we've also added ourselves into this "database". And would BC allow automated e-mail notifications based on various fields in the consultant profiles and job items? i.e. Consultant X hasn't updated their profile in over a year, send him an email to remind him to update it so we can better match him up with a job. Or, Job A requires PHP skill, and Consultant 1 has included PHP in his profile. Notify the manager by email about this match.

We're a small company, with less than a dozen full-time employees, not including the vast array of consultants and subcontractors who deal with us. Is Business Catalyst the right solution?

Thanks,

Khang

• 1. Re: Create searchable user profiles with file attachments
          Alex Pavelescu Adobe Employee

Hi Khang,

Welcome to the community!

The scenario you described can be partly acoommodated at the moment via web-apps. When creating one, you can define as many fields as you want and set all the necesarry data types, so that should take care of setting up the "sugarCRM" substitution. Here's a complete set of tutorials regarding this module: http://bcgurus.com/tutorials/how-to-use-business-catalyst-web-apps if you search the site you'll see there are several free training packs for web-apps

Job A requires PHP skill, and Consultant 1 has included PHP in his profile. Notify the manager by email about this match.

This however can not be done in an "out of the box" manner, we'll have to check for a workaround. I'll get back to you asap.