3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2012 5:03 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Layers to PDF

k.loy Level 1

Is this possible? I want to create a PDF from Photoshop while keeping on a master layer/group for all pages AND turning on/off invidual layers/smart object in another group? I know there may be a way to do this with Layer Comps but I would rather just use layers.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Layers to PDF
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

Please elaborate as your description seems unclear (to me at least).

What is the exact layer structure and what are the rules regarding showing and hiding the various elements?

Creating a multi-page pdf in one go from one psd-file is not a default option as far as I know, but one might be able to automate such a task with a Script.

• 2. Re: Layers to PDF
            sudarshan.t Level 6

With all your layers ready, File > Scripts > Export Layers to Files. Choose PDF as filetype. Choose location, give a filename prefix and hit OK. Your layers will be exported as individual PDF files with prefix_layername as filename to the chosen location.

Note that the output dimension will be the full canvas size (even if the layer only occupies a limited boundary).

• 3. Re: Layers to PDF
              c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

I think the OP wants to keep some elements visible in all resulting pdfs, so Export Layers to Files might not be a perfect fit.