• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Error when updating Flash Player

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exhausted the online documentation. This started several months ago. The way that Flash Player updated on my machine changed. I am running XP using IE8. Everytime I try to update Flash Player I get a script error right about the time that the download completes and it is starting to install. The actual script error varies from one attempt to another. The latest error is 'ActionLaunchAdobe' is undefined. Scripting is enabled per the help documents. I have never had to uninstall a previous version before and I'm hesitant to do it now because my current version is 11.4.402.287 and it works. My concern is that if I can't update to new versions eventually there may be problems. I have not made configuration changes to this computer or installed new software for quite a while. The Flash Player update mechanism used to never open a browser window but since I have had this problem that's the first thing it does and takes me to the Flash Player update site. Then the never ending fun begins always ending with a script error and failed install. PLEASE HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" selected in your Flash Player control panel (in the Advanced tab), you should be getting our silent auto updates.  The problem appears to be occurring for you when a major update occurs.  You have a couple of options here.  First, you can visit the link below whenever this occurs and download the offline installer files that should work properly.  The second option is to ignore these update notifications and after 30 days we'll install it automatically (and silently.)

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I checked and I did have "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" selected. I found a link on the page you recommended that updated my version (Active X) to 11.5 and I verified this in control panel. Now I can watch my basketball team get slaughtered by Kansas. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines