6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 12:00 AM by Fruz75 RSS

Elements 11 problem with Saving to Version Set

Fruz75

I have upgraded toElements 11 but when i go to save a file to " save in version set with original" it will not let me, as the  tick box is blanked out?

• 1. Re: Elements 11 problem with Saving to Version Set
          99jon MVP

On the menu click:

Edit >> Preferences >> Saving Files

Make sure the top dropdown is not set to “Save Over Current File”

If it is change to Ask if Original or Always Ask

• 2. Re: Elements 11 problem with Saving to Version Set
            Fruz75 Community Member

Done that and the   tick box is still greyed out?

• 3. Re: Elements 11 problem with Saving to Version Set
              99jon MVP

Try opening another file, preferably an ordinary jpeg. Make a small adjustment and use File >> Save As

Then check the Organizer box and version set box and save and then close the file using Ctrl+W

If that works close Elements and re-launch and hopefully the settings will stick.

• 4. Re: Elements 11 problem with Saving to Version Set
                Fruz75 Community Member

The problem is it will not let me check the “version set” box

• 5. Re: Elements 11 problem with Saving to Version Set
                  99jon MVP

It maybe a question of permissions. Are you running from an administrators account or a user account? If the latter do you have full read/write permissions for the application? What operating system do you have ?

On Windows try making a direct shortcut for the Organizer and Editor. Make sure you have the correct file path as there is more than one exe file. You can then launch the programs directly from the desktop bypassing the welcome screen. This is generally better as the welcome screen leaves background processes running.

Right click anywhere on the desktop and select New >> Shortcut

Then click the browse button and navigate to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe"

Then click Next; then click Finish

Then make a direct shortcut for the Editor in a similar manner.

On Windows, Right click anywhere on the desktop and select New >> Shortcut

Then click the browse button and navigate to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe"

Then click Next; then click Finish

N.B. on 32 bit systems navigate to Program Files

Right click on each of the new desktop icons and launch by choosing “Run As Administrator”

Keep both applications running but try to edit and save a photo as before.

• 6. Re: Elements 11 problem with Saving to Version Set
                    Fruz75 Community Member

So you can see the “save in version set” is functioning?

Could it be a software fault. I have never had this problem before and have been using Elements for years.