6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2012 2:02 PM by JQuentin

Acrobat XI and FormsCentral

JQuentin

Want to use PDF form created in Acrobat/FormsCentral in my Muse website, videoarts.businesscatalyst.com.  When I try to open my PDF in Forms Central I get this message: FormsCentral could not import the PDF document because it has already been distributed by FormsCentral.  Distributed where?

How do I embed the form into my Muse web site.  If I try to copy and paste, I only get a document, not a fillable form.  As a Creative Cloud subscriber I should have one free form to test out my BC web.

• 1. Re: Acrobat XI and FormsCentral
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

If you created the form within the FormsCentral desktop app that shipped with AXI then just open that form file, go to the online response tab and move the form online. Once online save out a PDF form with a submit button from the distribute tab.

Randy

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Acrobat XI and FormsCentral
            JQuentin Level 1

Thanks for responding Randy.  So I opened Acrobat and loaded my PDF file that was redesigned using a FormsCentral template Re: Acrobat XI and FormsCentral and saved as a PDF File.  Acrobat Pro has no "online response tab".  Could you be more specific?  This is the first time I've used Acrobat for creating forms.  Are you talking about the "Save files to Acrobat.com" icon? Apparently you're not working in the same environment I am.  All my software is downloaded frm the Creative Cloud.  I'm working on a Muse web site a version of which has been published to BusinessCatalyst.  What I'm trying to do is embed the form I created into a page of that web site and test its functionality.  I haven't even gotten to step one yet.

Appreciate any help you can give me.

• 3. Re: Acrobat XI and FormsCentral

How did you "use a FormsCentral template"? FormsCentral desktop application is a separate application installed beside the normal Acrobat viewer. You can find it on your desktop or start menu. The tab I'm referring to is in this other application (not the main Acrobat Pro application)

Hope that makes sense.

Randy

• 4. Re: Acrobat XI and FormsCentral
                JQuentin Level 1

Randy asked: How did you "use a FormsCentral template"?  I used the Adobe FormsCentral App.  I must have inadvertently moved the form online, but I also saved it as a PDF file locally.  So now when I start Adobe FormsCentral and use File>Import PDF Form I get the popup "FormsCentral could not import the PDF document because it has already been distributed by FormsCentral".  Where is it?????

I never wanted to test the form in FormsCentral, I wanted to embed the form in my Muse website and test it in Business Catalyst.  I now have a PDF file that I can't load into FormsCentral to edit it if I want to, and I can't figure out how to embed the PDF into my Muse website.

• 5. Re: Acrobat XI and FormsCentral

Is the original form (pre-PDF) still listed in your My Forms tab within the FormsCentral app? If you created using FormsCentral it will be in that list.

• 6. Re: Acrobat XI and FormsCentral
                    JQuentin Level 1

No, its not.  But the PDF was designed in FormsCentral with much of the functionality of the Membership Template with radio buttons to select a level of membership, etc.  It wasn't that complicated, so I can redo it. I may have solved the problem.  Thnaks for your help