4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2016 11:57 AM by Nancy OShea

using dw with mac book pro retina screen display?

RJ_web Level 1

Is anyone using dw with mbp with retina (new) screen display? I heard that they don't work with all the programs yet, Thx

• 1. Re: using dw with mac book pro retina screen display?
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional

Dreamweaver CS6 is not retina ready. Dreamweaver CS6 Cloud I believe was patched at 12.1 for this. However, I do not believe Adobe sees this as a patch but rather as a new feature thus if you are using Dreamweaver CS6 you will not get this release until Dreamweaver CS6.5 or CS7.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: using dw with mac book pro retina screen display?
            RJ_web Level 1

Thx, that helps with my dic on the purchase

• 3. Re: using dw with mac book pro retina screen display?
              MissKimWood

Hi -  I recently moved from my Windows machine to a Macbook pro with retina screen. I changed the format of my windows CS6 over to MAC and i could actually cry.

The display on my MAC running the latest OS Sierra is so terrible it gives me a headache. The fonts don't render correctly and everything is pixelated. The fonts are also all the wrong size so if you work on an html table it is totally misrepresented. I have read that Adobe are not supporting retina display unless you buy the monthly subscription CC so having already paid for CS6 am really disappointed. I just cannot work with this program and previously on my Windows machine it worked perfectly. Adobe PLEASE please update Dreamweaver CS6.

• 4. Re: using dw with mac book pro retina screen display?
                Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I just cannot work with this program and previously on my Windows machine it worked perfectly. Adobe PLEASE please update Dreamweaver CS6.

CS6 is legacy software now -- it's no longer sold, supported or updated.  That last updates for CS6 rolled out in December 2012.  That's all there is.

Nancy

1 person found this helpful