2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2012 8:00 AM by Videographer101

Artifacts with Mercury GPU Acceleration.

Videographer101

Hello there,

I hope someone will be able to help me with a problem that has just started to occur on my PC.

I have Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.3). When I have the renderer switched to "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration" in project settings all my clips at 50fps playback with a green flickering line and blocky artifacts at the top of the frame. When GPU acceleration is switched off the problem is less noticable but there is still a line of pixels at the top of the frame that glitches. The artifacts are present when playing clips in the viewer as well as in the timeline.

I am in the middle of a music video which uses a lot of slow motion and until a few days ago this problem did not exist although playback was sometimes choppy and had crashed a couple of times recently. I have 6gb RAM and am editing native 720p footage from a canon DSLR. Clips shot at 25fps in 1080p playback without issues either with GPU off or on.

My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 and the drivers are fully up to date.

Please help me out if anyone knows what the issue could be.

Thanks very much

Dan