5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 4:39 AM by Ben Pleysier RSS

DMXZone Lightbox

andidream Community Member

Hi All,

I want to buy the DMXZone Lightbox, it costs 45E. But I don't know if this is only for 1x installation in 1 computer only, or can I install in two different computer?

If my PC broke down and I want to reinstall in a new computer how would that work?

Just in case any of you have downloaded it and know about it.

Thanks,

Andi

• 1. Re: DMXZone Lightbox
          Ben Pleysier MVP

I have installed the Lightbox many times, covering different versions of DW.

The Licence conditions state that there may only be one running instance, see here http://www.dmxzone.com/71/licenses/

• 2. Re: DMXZone Lightbox

Thank you, I have read the terms and condition in the website, but it's still unclear for me, because my english is not great.

Does

1) "Your use of the Work is limited to a single application." = means that we can only install in only ONE computer?

2) Where the Work is an installable software application designed to help perform singular specific tasks, the use of the Work is limited to a single concurrent usage. In these cases, the “single application” of the Work is its installation. = also means that we can only install in ONE computer?

So we can only install in ONE computer? This does not instead mean we can install in TWO computer but they can monitor (to make sure that) the software are not running on the two different computers at the same time?

I have purchased a licence in the past where it could be installed on as many different computers but it can only run on ONE computer at the time (i.e. if the program is opened on computer #1 it has to be shut down first before we can run on computer#2). If this is not the case, then I must buy a new computer first before I install this Lightbox :-(

• 3. Re: DMXZone Lightbox
              Ben Pleysier MVP

1) "Your use of the Work is limited to a single application." = means that we can only install in only ONE computer?

You can install on more than one computer, as long as there is only one copy being used at a time

2) Where the Work is an installable software application designed to help perform singular specific tasks, the use of the Work is limited to a single concurrent usage. In these cases, the “single application” of the Work is its installation. = also means that we can only install in ONE computer?

See above.

Please note that my answers are only an interpretation of what I have read. I have had the extensions work on two computers, laptop and desktop, before I purchased a larger laptop a.k.a. laptop replacement. The extensions have since been removed from the two older systems.

To ensure that you are working within the guidelines of the licence, you will be better off getting in touch with DMXZone. Their forum, http://www.dmxzone.com/forum/, is constantly monitored.

• 4. Re: DMXZone Lightbox

Thanks a lot!

I also just got (finaly) a reply from a chat online with them and they said the same.

• 5. Re: DMXZone Lightbox
                  Ben Pleysier MVP

Thank you for your feedback